RB25 vs RF25 as front mains

hydro_pyro

I considered wall mounting my RB's to save some floor space, but I can't get over the difference in voice between the two sets. The RB's are screechy and throaty. YPAO and custom EQ's can't bridge the gap. All the bass sounds like it's coming directionally from the sub by the time I've tweaked it to almost keep up with the voice of the towers. The RB's sound decent for voice dialog, but music sounds lousy, no matter what settings I use. I'm bummed. I guess I'll put these RB's back in the box for the kids when they grow up.

I set them on top of my RF's for the test.

98879471-A784-43D7-89A5-E0A959066B4E.jpg

Edited by hydro_pyro

IMO, Klipsch really goofed on the RB-25 and, to some extent, the RB-35.

I've owned nearly all the RB models, and the RB-25 goes down in my personal history as one of the worst! The smaller RB-15 actually sounds significantly better. The RB-35 sounds nice, but is easily trounced by the older RB-5 and the newer RB-81 and RP-160m.

RF-25 is one of my favorite towers though!  B)

I also own a pair of RB10's, they're up on a shelf in the kitchen, with a RW8 under the bottom shelf in the pantry running off the speaker-level signal, so they have their own custom crossover frequency, around 100 Hz.

I own two pairs of RB15's, I run them in my retail music (instruments) store on PinPoint mounts, with a SW-450 and a Velodyne ULD12 at 80 Hz, each placed at opposite ends of the sales floor to fill in the low end.