Getting Forte II's next Sunday, first set of Klipsch! Stoked!

Percheron

Buying (assuming they're not beat up, they looked good in the pics)a pair off CL next Sunday. They have new Crites tweeter diaphragms too. These are the first parts in my move from. 5.1 HT system to a dedicated 2.1 system. No questions yet, just wanted to express my happiness.

They guys is selling them because his wife didn't like the look. I hope my wife does....

-Derek

• Like 5

:emotion-21: Nice.  You are off to a great start.  The Forte II are one of my favorites and the Ti upgrades make them all the better.  There is an abundance of information here on the forum about the Forte II. Do search and enjoy.  Good Luck and welcome to the madness. 

First, welcome to the forum Derek.You can't go wrong with the Forte II's.  Nicely balance speaker and they really look good.  If they are a bit dull, the wood will come to life after it is cleaned with 4-0 steel wool and some good oil rejuvenation(Formby's lemon oil).

Edited by derrickdj1

you picked a really good place to start on your Klipsch journey. The Chorus ll and KLF20/30 and the CF3/4 Should be on your short list as well. That way you can hear all the highlights.  Welcome to Klipsch and to the forum, I hope the speakers turn out to be all you have hoped they will be and more. Regards Moray James.

Well, I got them yesterday. In pretty good shape, some dings and some remnants of wall paint, not much though. Passive radiators are tight and clean, grills are tight with just a touch of cat hair. Tweeters are inop, but previous owner included new Crites diaphragms with sale. Haven't hooked them up yet as they will require a total rearrange of our living room, I'm not ready for that yet. I'll wait until I get a new amp and do it all at once. These are also consecutive serial numbers, tag says 1985. I may take them to the local audio shop and have everything checked out, that way too I can try some amps, both SS and tube.

Most importantly, the wife likes them, she even said "Oh, those are pretty!" So, for $450, including the diaphragms, I think I'll be set up for a while.

Pics!

-Derek

post-62171-0-04280000-1459803137_thumb.j

post-62171-0-24480000-1459803391_thumb.j

post-62171-0-46360000-1459803420_thumb.j

post-62171-0-29080000-1459803450_thumb.j

Edited by Percheron

• Moderators

Congratulations! You are going to love them! We have these now for 2 channel but our Forte IIs are still among my top 3 favorite Klipsch speakers. Our Fortes serve 6.1 duty now! You can see the front three Fortes in this pic. The other three are "flying" on that beam behind our sofa!

post-17944-0-99960000-1459805269_thumb.j

Edited by dtel