Computer audiophile sound card

mustangdaren

I just wanted to share my recent experience. After reading many forums on the subject of computer audio I recently purchased a Asus Xonar Essence XTI sound card for a new PC build. All I can say is wow,  it was worth every penny. It really does sound as good as they say it does. It has the option to customize with optional op-amps to tailor the sound. I am using the factory basic op amps right now but even with them the sound is night and day better than anything I have listened too from a PC.  The outputs on the card are 1/4 for headphones and two gold rca outputs for 2 channel audio. It has the option for a daughter board for 7.1 audio and a 124db signal to noise ratio. I am running two Klipsch RF-82s  with a Onkyo P-304 preamp and M-504 amplifier with a y connector on the preamp outputs to an Infinity 12 inch subwoofer. I spend most of my time in front of the PC so I wanted some good tunes while doing so. Anyway, just wanted to let my fellow Klipsch owners know about the Asus sound card and yes, it is a little high on cost but if you love music from your PC it is worth every penny. I will let you know how it sounds with some upgraded op-amps in the future.   

• Like 1

The software that comes with it is nice also. I like the EQ function. I don't use any of the DSP settings. For a player I am using AIMP3. I like it because it has some really cool skins that look like vintage audio tape decks, amplifiers and equalizers. I just wish they had one that looked like the Onkyo or Macintosh amps. I might put in a request on their forums to see if someone is up for creating one. I am using one that looks like a classic Technics amplifier with the huge meters on the front right now.