Klf -30s

Mike M

Rodney

I sold my 30s in oak for $800, they weren't perfect but awfully good. I preferred the CF-4s over the 30s. You're better off with what you have right now

Mark

was looking for a L/C/R setup always loved the look of those

Nah, wait for the mahogany....I'm waiting for a pair to become available somewhere around Plainfield, IL..... :ph34r:

Made a fair offer if he sells them to me great if not oh well 

• Like 1

Rodney

I sold my 30s in oak for $800, they weren't perfect but awfully good. I preferred the CF-4s over the 30s. You're better off with what you have right now

Mark

Yes the two ways can be addictive.  I find that the more open sound from a separate midrange crossed lower and dedicated to that sound suits me.  With a WTW configuration, it also depends on your positioning more because to have good combining of the woofers at crossover, you have a narrow vertical listening / positioning angle from the mid/tweeter.  Three ways don't impose that on you.  The other thing that WTM allows you to do is to raise your listening position to have some cancellation in the crossover / woofer range with presents more of the smile you see on eq's that a lot of people love.  It will all come down to room and listening preferences.

• Like 1

Hmm, KLF-30s are going up in price.  I guess I need to keep mine a while longer.  Kind of like gold or the stock market  :unsure:

Actually in the right room, they are definitely the sleeper of the Klipsch line.  In my 20x22 open back family room with good corners, being 3 feet out from the corners and sides, they compared very favorable to k-horns.

My k-horns are gone if that tells you anything.

Second that.   :emotion-21:

There was a time long ago, almost 20 yrs. now, when I had 4 K-Horns with dual Academy's driven by more Carver amps (4,000+ watts) than I care to admit; bi-amped in all their glory.  It was impressive, ridiculous, stupid and many other adjectives one could gasp when they heard them.  The sound was amazing, as was the experience.  But fast-forward to today, and with the soft (sweet) spot for the KLF-30's that has always nagged at me for not having bought them, I just had to scratch that itch.  So here we are, and it's love all over again...  :wub:

I also agree, prices are on the rise for these.  I'd been searching for a while and passed/missed a couple on eBay, $1,000 & $1,200 respectively.  Sub-$1k is not easy to find without some appearance issues, or at least not often.  With time, the more rare they become, so supply and demand will drive them up.

I actually emailed the CL seller when I first saw the listing, but he got rid of the original boxes several years ago, which would have made shipping even more unreasonable to strike a deal.  We all agree his number is too high, but they appear to be as Mint as anyone could ever find.  I probably would have gone as high as $1250 for them, but that's me.  :wacko:

I had a mint pair of Mahogany CF-4 series 1 and was not over impressed sold them for 900 ... later got a hold of black mint KLF-30 and they would be my pick over the CF-4's

the 30's just jump out at you more and in my opinion have a better sound stage and the highs are clearer.

but each to his own my ears vote 30's

Id sure like to own them he's 2 hrs from me

You're only an hour from me. If you want a demo of how the 30's sound you're more than welcome to come and get an earful. They are modified... but there is an understanding amongst KLF-30 owners and that is some variations from stock have to be done to them to bring em up a few notches. Stock don't quite cut it. Tweeter and mid diaphrams, crossovers and making the necessary adjustments to secure the cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you are waiting for.....what?
well I got 2 subs in my SUV and been fighting another stone pretty drugged up . And my truck is full of branches . I doubt they would fit in my car . Oh well maybe I can PayPal a deposit till morning [emoji1]

You're only an hour from me. If you want a demo of how the 30's sound you're more than welcome to come and get an earful. They are modified... but there is an understanding amongst KLF-30 owners and that is some variations from stock have to be done to them to bring em up a few notches. Stock don't quite cut it. Tweeter and mid diaphrams, crossovers and making the necessary adjustments to secure the cabinet.

thanks for the offer bad time to drive

My buddy is the one that's buying your subs A1UC, he's pretty stoked to get em. He's been looking for a while for a couple to come up for sale so yours came up at the right time.

Cool he will like them , Front ported sure is a nice .

Yeah I have dual 115sw's myself, they really shine for home theater. I briefly considered making a offer on yours and adding 2 more of them but I had to wait for my fiance to be out of state before I upgraded my 2 twelves to the 15s. Pretty sure if I would of added to more 15s she might of stabbed me lol.

• Like 1

It took me about 10 years to find the right pair of 30's. I had to drive to Florida from Indiana. It was worth the drive for a mint (other than titanium upgrade) pair. I don't think I'd sell em' for twice what they cost me.