Wanted, super-budget integrated amp

confetti

Good advice, W27. I wonder if you'd be kind enough to list the (less expensive) ones you'd recommend in a slightly higher bracket? I know that people differ on favorites a lot, but it'd be great to have a handy list or two from people who know the RF7s. It'd also give me some specific items to watch sharp for in Craigslist and yard sales and eBay and such - though eBay prices are pretty well standardized now. 

And exactly - it's easy enough to research brands that are frequently recommended, much harder to know what models are the best bargains.  

It was fun having a biggish chunk of cash for speakers once upon a time before my boat sank, but this process has its own appeal. 

Edited by confetti

I looked at the links you kindly dug up, W27, and added the Yamaha RX-V line to my 'possible' list. I just found an RX-V1300 at the pawn shop for $115, so I did OK for my bucks? Nice reviews. Hope it's not so bright it makes my eyes water. As they only had two amps it seemes like a meant-to-be. Thanks, guys.

May want to include the NAD 7020 in your search. It is the reciever version of the 3020 and can sometimes be had for less than its more popular cousin. I had one for several years and years t always sounded good regardless of speaker pairing.