Need help ASAP! My new refurbed Klipschs are broken maybe?

Yggdrasil

I plugged everything in and once I connect it to the power, a loud very annoying hiss from the speakers (if they are off) or a not so loud but still annoying hiss (if they are on) and the sub doesn't work. I unplug it and replug it, sub works for a little bit, then I hear the base give one last fart as it dies and the screech comes back. It tooks to me like the sub is messed up. I just got these speakers in today and they're already messed up! cwm8.gif Any way to fix this without an RMA? Klipsch better fix this without making me pay $20 shipping or I will never forgive them!!!!! cwm10.gif

You can't blame them for trying. That pile of dead boxes represents lost profits. If they want to frankenstien together their reject done blown-up once boxes they really should get much better warranties.

Like I said, $230 at vanns w/free shipping and a full warranty, extended to 5 years if you want.

or $150 plus shipping and a 90 day warranty. Why not just sell the dead sets and let someone deal with that headache.

• Moderators

I've only had 2 complaints thus far on the refurbs, and we will take care of any problems within 90 days! In my opinion, it's a great buy.

Please send me an email with any problems.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Whats wrong with Refurb? I bought a refurbed Stereo/Hi-Fi VCR some 8 years ago (and a really nice one at that) for half of what the same model would have cost brand new. And guess what? It still freaking works to this day! It is such nice unit that I have no reason to ever get anything newer (unless I can find a Super-VHS VCR for a decent price).

To be honost, I'd feel safer with the refurbed units than the new ones, considering that most likely, they'll be fixed with the lastets parts and not only that, they would again be QA tested. But alas, as shown here, even they can still have problems.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

How much is the shipping? I think it was around $35. Does Klipsch pay the return shipping for repairs? $150 + $35 + $35 = $220 with about 30 days left of the warranty. Does that sound like a good deal?

Since I bought my v2-400s'Klipsch has downgraded their warranties 3 times. Now you can have a 90 day warranty.

Do you think anyone has put voltage to these speakers in china to test them? I do believe that klipsch has put more care into the repairs of these burn-outs than that of the assembly line that made them.

You can buy refurbs at $150 + shipping or about $100 more and get the full 5 year warrenty from a legit dealer with new stock.