Listening to PWK

Mallette

Then I'll send you fresh batches as my contribution to your worthy project.

Outstanding, Neil.  We'll likely have some pretty gritty shellac!

My question: Is your new place in Texarkana available for tours in May???

Not unless someone comes through with temporary quarters.  We have a long way to go before getting the building reno'd. 

Dave

In an unexpected treasure.  First Baptist Church, El Dorado, AR performance of "Messiah."  1954 and stereo, no less.  Didn't expect much, but should know better with PWK.  The choir is really excellent and the organ is a classic, litereally "classic American voiced," Skinner Organ Co., Opus 586, 1926 listed by the HODB as sadly "destroyed." 

Dave

Just let me know a week or so before you need it so I can cook up a fresh batch.  We don't want it to sit around (again ;)) and get gelatinous.  When you're ready, I'll make it as fast as you can use it.

Edited by DizRotus

Just let me know a week or so before you need it so I can cook up a fresh batch. We don't want it to sit around (again ) and get gelatinous. When you're ready, I'll make it as fast as you can use it.

Roger that.  Hope it's sooner rather than later, but MUST get house sold before anything can move very fast.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I remember quite a few of those singers. Most of them were friends of my parents, and I knew some of them as singers. Mrs. Mona Axum's daughter was Donna, Miss America 1964. I sang to Donna at a South Arkansas Junior Miss pageant in either '67 or '68. I'm not at all surprised that they were a good choir.

SSH 

I've sent a copy of that program to the organist at First Baptist along with news of the "find."  I've asked Klipsch for permission to release the recording to them and fully expect to get it.  I hope many are still around and/or relatives who will enjoy hearing this.  This is very much what the RMHC is all about.

Dave

Edited by Mallette