Klipsch KLF-30's - Going rate?

teaman

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/5519835211.html

Hey guys, I just exchanged emails with a local guy selling these KLF-30's with consecutive serial numbers.

Is $1000 too high for these?

He says the only blemish is a tiny tear in the bottom of the one speaker grill. I trust your input so please let me know what you think. Thanks

Tim

I had posted an alert back 11/22/15 for THREE available in Minneapolis for $1000.

I believe 2 were walnut <mahogany>, 1 in black?  I could be mistaken.

Either way, it looks like 6-900 is about spot on.

Posted here"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160471-klipsch-klf30-l-c-r-crites-upgraded-1000-minneapolis-mn/?hl=klf30

If anyone wants some beat on Cornwalls, I just had a seller offer a walnut pair to me for a discounted rate from his soon to be released $1200 CL ad.

To me for "only" $1000.  Thanks a lot   :blink:

Edited by Arrow#422

I had posted an alert back 11/22/15 for THREE available in Minneapolis for $1000.

I believe 2 were walnut, 1 in black?  I could be mistaken.

Posted here"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160471-klipsch-klf30-l-c-r-crites-upgraded-1000-minneapolis-mn/?hl=klf30

If anyone wants some beat on Cornwalls, I just had a seller offer a walnut pair to me for a discounted rate from his soon to be released $1200 CL ad.

Wasn't the guy in the QC was it? He's had those up for a while.

I believe 2 were walnut, 1 in black?  I could be mistaken.

Posted here"

Did they make the 30s in Walnut?

I thought oak, mahogany and black ash

Mark

• Like 1

KLF-30s are going up. I'd say the current range is $800-1200.

Steven in Washington (who seems to have disappeared, TG) thought because people were asking 3-5k for Khorns, it was great news because he was making money. Asking and actual sold prices can vary widely.  If you're buying speakers as an investment, there are a lot of better options, buy 200 ounces of silver at spot price for around 3k. I guess your point is buy them before the prices keep rising.

If you know what you want and will pay a fair price, the price increases will be gradual and slow. You don't need to jump in right now. Great example, the Rosewood Lacquer Ks in Cal that sold for $3800, there is a set in Jacksonville right now with an asking price of $4500. No need to jump at 4500 unless you have to have them, they will gradually drop (just as 30s will gradually rise) until they find a price that suits both the buyer and seller. That's how markets work

Mark

I believe 2 were walnut, 1 in black? I could be mistaken.

Posted here"

To me for "only" $1000. Thanks a lot :blink:

Did they make the 30s in Walnut?

I thought oak, mahogany and black ash

Mark

Light Oak, Medium Oak, Mahogany and Black Satin... The color of the Mahogany is probably confused for Walnut.

I passed on a very nice pair in mahogany, out of Grand Rapids MI, mid last year that were initially listed for $550 but jumped to $850 due to the number of inquiries the seller received.   When offered to me for $850 I strongly declined mostly on principle.  

To me they weren't worth it.

Too high, IMO - sold a pair dressed in Oak with Crites and baffles sealed for $650 last year. 

If you are up for a little drive, there are an AWESOME pair of Chorus in St. Louis available.  I would bet he would let them go for 1K?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/5499722120.html

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 2

Too high, IMO - sold a pair dressed in Oak with Crites and baffles sealed for $650 last year. 

If you are up for a little drive, there are an AWESOME pair of Chorus in St. Louis available.  I would bet he would let them go for 1K?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/5499722120.html

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Wow, those are sweet!

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just exchanged emails with a local guy selling these KLF-30's with consecutive serial numbers.

He says the only blemish is a tiny tear in the bottom of the one speaker grill. I trust your input so please let me know what you think. Thanks

Tim

I saw those too.  If I could afford them, I'd be in the car right now.  

"Too high" is such a relative term.  I've seen gear that I thought was insanely priced sell quick, and other gear that was a good value at the asking price just sit.  I think it depends both objective and subjective circumstances. 

You could drive a lot further from your home to buy a pair of KLF-30's if you really wanted them, but these are close to you and appear to be in good shape.  I think the KLF's are holding their value pretty well these days.  What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?

If I had a bigger room that would accommodate these, and the funds, I'd go get them for that price.

Tim

"Too high" is such a relative term.  I've seen gear that I thought was insanely priced sell quick, and other gear that was a good value at the asking price just sit.  I think it depends both objective and subjective circumstances. 

You could drive a lot further from your home to buy a pair of KLF-30's if you really wanted them, but these are close to you and appear to be in good shape.  I think the KLF's are holding their value pretty well these days.  What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?

If I had a bigger room that would accommodate these, and the funds, I'd go get them for that price.

RF-7IIs?

Palladiums?

Mark

Tim

RF-7IIs?

Palladiums?

Mark

Mark - the asking price for those KLF-30's is $1000.  If you can find a new pair of RF-7 II's or Palladiums for $1000, please let me know.  I'll go buy them right now.  Since I don't have the money, I'll have to knock over a party store or gas station on the way, but it'll be worth it! :)

Nothing that I have read makes me believe that the RF7 are any better that the KLF30. I have had the RF83. Someone on here like  RF83 over the RF7II. I like my KLF 30 over the RF83. 

20 or 7?

Also, I got a good deal on the black KLF30, so I passed on a deal to someone else....only after scoring the Mahogany KLF30. 

• Like 2