Klipsch KLF-30's - Going rate?

teaman

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/5519835211.html

Hey guys, I just exchanged emails with a local guy selling these KLF-30's with consecutive serial numbers.

Is $1000 too high for these?

He says the only blemish is a tiny tear in the bottom of the one speaker grill. I trust your input so please let me know what you think. Thanks

Tim

I saw those too.  If I could afford them, I'd be in the car right now.  

"Too high" is such a relative term.  I've seen gear that I thought was insanely priced sell quick, and other gear that was a good value at the asking price just sit.  I think it depends both objective and subjective circumstances. 

You could drive a lot further from your home to buy a pair of KLF-30's if you really wanted them, but these are close to you and appear to be in good shape.  I think the KLF's are holding their value pretty well these days.  What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?

If I had a bigger room that would accommodate these, and the funds, I'd go get them for that price.

RF-7IIs?

Palladiums?

Mark

Mark - the asking price for those KLF-30's is $1000.  If you can find a new pair of RF-7 II's or Palladiums for $1000, please let me know.  I'll go buy them right now.  Since I don't have the money, I'll have to knock over a party store or gas station on the way, but it'll be worth it! :)

"What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?"

I answered the question that was posed. If you're talking used for $1000, you can pick up some very nice Chorus, or LaScalas

Mark

• Like 1

Nothing that I have read makes me believe that the RF7 are any better that the KLF30. I have had the RF83. Someone on here like  RF83 over the RF7II. I like my KLF 30 over the RF83. 

I've never heard the 83s, but I liked my KLF-20s better than my RF-7s....by quite a large margin.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/5519835211.html

Hey guys, I just exchanged emails with a local guy selling these KLF-30's with consecutive serial numbers.

Is $1000 too high for these?

He says the only blemish is a tiny tear in the bottom of the one speaker grill. I trust your input so please let me know what you think. Thanks

Tim

I saw those too.  If I could afford them, I'd be in the car right now.  

"Too high" is such a relative term.  I've seen gear that I thought was insanely priced sell quick, and other gear that was a good value at the asking price just sit.  I think it depends both objective and subjective circumstances. 

You could drive a lot further from your home to buy a pair of KLF-30's if you really wanted them, but these are close to you and appear to be in good shape.  I think the KLF's are holding their value pretty well these days.  What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?

If I had a bigger room that would accommodate these, and the funds, I'd go get them for that price.

RF-7IIs?

Palladiums?

Mark

Mark - the asking price for those KLF-30's is $1000.  If you can find a new pair of RF-7 II's or Palladiums for $1000, please let me know.  I'll go buy them right now.  Since I don't have the money, I'll have to knock over a party store or gas station on the way, but it'll be worth it! :)

"What else in the current Klipsch line would you be able to go into a store and buy right now that would give you as much speaker as the KLF-30's?"

I answered the question that was posed. If you're talking used for $1000, you can pick up some very nice Chorus, or LaScalas

Mark

Yup, you did, and I didn't phrase my initial question correctly. The point I was trying to make was this: the OP's question is whether or not $1000 is a fair price for the KLF-30. If you walked into a Klipsh dealer today and wanted to buy a new pair of Klipsch speakers, what could you buy in store that would give you as much speaker for $1000 as the KLF-30?

Upstate New York

$800 with new Crites drivers and mids and tweeters

Check Utica Craigslist as I can't paste the link

https://utica.craigslist.org/ele/5505993481.html

I knows it's CL, but if he's willing to take $800, then why have the $1000 on the heading?

Maybe someone should invite the seller over to the Klipsch forum so he can put them up in the Garage Sale section - for $600.   :D

Upstate New York

$800 with new Crites drivers and mids and tweeters

Check Utica Craigslist as I can't paste the link

https://utica.craigslist.org/ele/5505993481.html

I knows it's CL, but if he's willing to take $800, then why have the $1000 on the heading?

Maybe someone should invite the seller over to the Klipsch forum so he can put them up in the Garage Sale section - for $600. :D

Was probably originally listed for $1,000. On March 28th the posting was updated, likely to drop the price as it states $800 in the body of the ad but the seller likely forgot to update the heading. Edited by RX8

These are gone as well.

Maybe someone should invite the seller over to the Klipsch forum so he can put them up in the Garage Sale section - for $600.   :D

Well, here's hoping that he got the invite, and will list them within the Garage Sale section at the suggested price above………….