Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

On 3/13/2017 at 3:50 PM, Arrow#422 said:

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/ele/6040141571.html

2 pair Lascala's - $750 each pair

OR $1400 for both pairs

Price drop, $650 pr now, 1200 for all four.  The black satin paint looks pretty far away but I graded these C because of the paint job.  Those are probably painted with a rattle can.

There are lots of things you can do with 4 La Scalas for $1200 for two pair. 

Who cares about the paint job... it could be peeling off at that price!  I don't see any chips and the corners aren't all 100% perfect but these are easy.  I don't see badges but you can buy the Jubilee pies that would look great even though not correct for the date.  

On 3/23/2017 at 11:37 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Recent listing for RSW-15 in cherry - $600 - gone!

Was lined up to get this for under $500 he was gone all weekend and I was making the 3 hr one way trip to pick it up today.  Got an email last night that he is no longer selling the sub and he is giving it to his son.  dreams crushed would have had 2 rsw 12's and now 2 rsw 15's the search continues.

• Like 1

I always try to confirm such transactions with a nominal deposit by PayPal to hold the item.  If I fail to show the seller keeps the deposit.  That avoids a long drive only to hear that someone else with cash beat you to it.  It also protects the seller from holding an item for a buyer who fails to appear.  The same goes if I'm the seller.  Without a deposit it goes to the first with the cash.  Money talks and PWK's yellow button walks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I always try confirm such transactions with a nominal deposit by PayPal to hold the item.  If I fail to show the seller keeps the deposit.  That avoids a long drive only to hear that someone else with cash beat you to it.  It also protects the seller from holding an item for a buyer who fails to appear.  The same goes if I'm the seller.  Without a deposit it goes to the first with the cash.  Money talks and PWK's yellow button walks.

That's a great idea Neil. I saw another post suggesting something along the same line as this recently. 

I recently closed the deal and picked up my Cornwalls that took a fair amount of email back and forth.  Still being a little new to this,  i wish i had read or thought of doing exactly this to try to lock in my deal.  My seller remained true to our agreement,  but not all will.

Great suggestion. 

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/ele/6076630001.html

black KLF30's with some other items:  $1100

2- Klipsch KLF 30 black satin speakers. Dimensions are 17"D, 14"W, 45" H.
2-Klipsch KLF3.5 black satin speakers with stands, stands are 22"tall, speakers are : 33..5"H,10.5"W, 12"D.
1- Klipsch center channel speaker(used for dialogue in surround sound) 9"H, 11"H, 27"L.
1- Mirage BPS 150 Sub Woofer: 20"W, 16"H, 17"D
I purchased these all at the same time for use as a stereo system but mostly as a TV surround sound system and it really rocks. They haven't been used for several years, as my wife does not like the surround sound effect. There are some minor scratches on the wood finish, which can be polished out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arrow#422 said:

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/ele/6076630001.html

black KLF30's with some other items:  $1100

2- Klipsch KLF 30 black satin speakers. Dimensions are 17"D, 14"W, 45" H.
2-Klipsch KLF3.5 black satin speakers with stands, stands are 22"tall, speakers are : 33..5"H,10.5"W, 12"D.
1- Klipsch center channel speaker(used for dialogue in surround sound) 9"H, 11"H, 27"L.
1- Mirage BPS 150 Sub Woofer: 20"W, 16"H, 17"D
I purchased these all at the same time for use as a stereo system but mostly as a TV surround sound system and it really rocks. They haven't been used for several years, as my wife does not like the surround sound effect. There are some minor scratches on the wood finish, which can be polished out.

(2) KLF-30

(2) KG 3.5

(1) KV-4 center

(1) Mirage sub.

Decent deal, the KV-4 has a larger K-64-KN 2" Al vs. a K-90-KV 1" tweeter.

Seems like a good deal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@DizRotus

I've had 3 close friends build their own DN, and most if not all the parts necessary can be obtained from Sarns Hardware.

Mine is an Arrow, a traditional fiberglass layup boat designed by Skip Boston of Boston Sails.

He was known to be a large man which explains the 34 inch wide cockpit of the boat.

It was intended to be a 1 person vessel, and is quite roomy as such.  

It WILL accommodate 2 adults, but anything other than an adult and teenager (or less) is a bit cramped.

Thanks for sharing.

Funny - original cost is listed as $1095.

I'm now into mine, with the trailer and new sail for only, about, 3X that. :o 

Arrow Post Card.png

• Like 1

I can't get a clear sizable pic of the item.

I was thinking Kenwood although it does not identically match a 4070.

The maker looks to be shown above the frequency band indicator. 

Adjustment knob configuration from right to left is 4/2/4/3? and all are in line which negates many where the tuning knob is above the other adjustments.

Also, it is a dual meter signal strength / tuning readout which could assist with an identification.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...