Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

18 minutes ago, teaman said:

In my case thought he only Klipsch up the food chain from the KLF-30 are too big of a footprint.

One pair of KLF-30 are in da house and set up. Rocking out some Amaranthe right now on them. These took the place of my Gen 1 Walnut Heresys and pair of Speakercraft BassX-10 subs. Funny how these put out more sound and balance than the Heresys even with the subs. 

Have to agree, the 30's are nice speakers, easily the best tower type speaker I've owned / heard by Klipsch including the RF-7 & RF-7 II's. I didn't let mine go too far, my brother has them and I get to visit every now and again! Might even say hi to my brother while I'm there.. :huh:  :lol:

• Like 2

I've recently found what takes the 30's to another level.

1. Titanium tweeter diaphragms.
2. A-55-G midrange drivers
3. New crossovers/internal wiring from Crites.
4. Additional front to back internal bracing.
(Actually, there isn't any to begin with.)
5. Seal up the cabinets with PL Premium X3 (or equal). Even if they don't 'seem' to be leaking. This is big.
6. Make sure all horn and woofer gaskets are sealed properly.....correct screws etc.

These speakers in stock form leave A LOT to be desired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I didn't see the original ad. We're these upgraded in any way?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No sir, no modifications at all to these KLF's. All original and still sitting in the same place in his home theater when I picked them up as when he put them there thirteen or so years ago. No separation, completely solid. Which is the way I will keep them. Now I have three pair of KLF-30's, a pair of KLF-20's and four or five KLF-C7's in house. I'm zonked!

Tim

• Like 4

Just now, Arrow#422 said:

I'm sure I could find some room in the back of my truck later this week.

Talk to you soon regarding a visit.

:D

You might need to bring firewood....lol. Just kidding. Sure hoping our furnace fix isn't too long though.

• Sad 1

Wasn't someone here looking for a grill for a Velodyne F series subwoofer?

12" grill available on the Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Velodyne-Servo-F-Series-12inch-Subwoofer-Grill/253346879470?hash=item3afca697ee:g:WlgAAOSwZPZZ6BvO

>added:

It was calhockey's post calling out for a RSW-15 grill.

Just now, teaman said:

You might need to bring firewood....lol. Just kidding. Sure hoping our furnace fix isn't too long though.

I'd like to help but there is a  ban on transporting firewood between counties within the state of Michigan due in part to the Emerald Ash Boring beetle, Oak Wilt & Beech Bark diseases.

Hang in there as our annual January thaw is just getting started.  I saw a temp change yesterday morning while driving inland from 12 degrees to -12 degrees within a 40 minute drive.  Once our event had ended, it was 12 degrees there at 2pm.  20 below in the Northern Lower Saturday morning & some temps closer to 30 below in the Upper Peninsula due to no cloud cover and calm wind conditions.  I like that big lake nearby for some extra "less cold" during the winter months, and some heat relief during the summer.

• Like 1

At least our recent (this evening's) freezing rain has subsided. 

Forecasted mid 40's by mid week so hopefully that will melt the snow cover on the lakes.....and then refreeze.

If so, the iceboat in my profile pic will be doing what it should be doing.

• Like 1

HELP - please come rescue me from the dungeon that I've been held captive in for the past 15 years:

Starting bid is only $450 so step right up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-corner-horn-speakers-PAIR-walnut-Circa1985-vintage-/253359956948?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

5a56a30d71de0_ScreenShot2018-01-10at6_32_39PM.thumb.png.d261f7e8b0216dbc2a74e15e381ae8ab.png

Wow, I cannot believe how fricking huge these KPT-200 are. I never looked at size specs but I figured that they would be around the same size as my JBL 8330....not quite. I could easily sit two JBL into the Klipsch case....yikes. Unboxed and into the basement, next stop is testing them to assure they are all working and good to go. Look to be in really nice cosmetic condition. Sounds like a job for MLK Day.

Edit:

Just to follow up....wow, these KPT-200's sound fantastic. Running in stereo with my KLF-30 they can actually hang. The output is nothing short of amazing. Now the task of hanging these suckers. They are going to need some shelf adjustments in order to make these suckers fit in to my basement HT

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, vasubandu said:

@Arrow#422 I am getting a pair from @jjptkd that have RC-7 tweeters and crossovers.  But those are a great deal.  A pair here for $600.

Aren't the RF-5's the older version of the RF-82's but with better cabinet construction (ok, real veneer instead of cheap vinyl wrap).

Anyway, for their size, I'm quite sure you'll enjoy what they can do.