Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

2 hours ago, vasubandu said:

NOT the same subs by any means - my alert on the previous page was for the RT-12d, not an RW-12, or RW12d.

Both are "sub" standard in comparison - look them up.

1 hour ago, opusk2k9 said:

Great sub, difficult to pick up with the triangle design, retailed for $2K+.  I had one, the subs could vibrate off the grills.

Difficult to "pick up" - as in physically due to shape, size, weight - or in procurement?

I haven't been purposely looking for them, but I don't necessarily see them come available often either.

17 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Ok these are real

2 for 1850

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-audio-gear/2260914-1850-two-klipsch-rt-12d-subs-excellent-condition-sc.html#/topics/2260914

5 expired craigslist from 1000 to 1600. Looks spendy

He is a member on here, and had some very nice gear for sale. Those are sold, and they're getting hard to find.

5 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Difficult to "pick up" - as in physically due to shape, size, weight - or in procurement?

I haven't been purposely looking for them, but I don't necessarily see them come available often either.

Both pretty rare (there was also an RT-10d) and physically hard to carry (especially alone).

The RT line replaced the RSW line, I've haven't had the 12 but have had a couple of the 10's, thought they performed as well as the RSW-12. My complaint was they seemed to need the corner position to get good output so not really much in the way of positioning options where the RSW-12 (although quite a bit larger) could be moved almost anywhere along the the front wall to the side wall, corner loading obviously helps but not needed as much as with the RT-10, from my experience anyway. The RT-12 might be large enough to not rely on corner loading as much and of course the room is going to play a big factor on how it responds. 

I think the "hard to carry" part is the fact that there's drivers and grill covers on all sides, no way to safely bear hug the thing without risk of damaging something. Carrying something heavy away from your body even just a little bit is much harder and bad on your back. 

Hmm, Massey. You know if you boxed it, up, all you would have to do is drop it by your local FedEx Office.  Roadie.com says they will ship "fits in the front seat of a care from Detroit to Seattle for $101.  No boxing needed really if it would fit.  Do you have measurements and weight (75 pounds I think). And would you do that?  If not, I understand completely.  Not trying to twist your arm.. I'm sure  one will pop up in Seattle one of these decades.