Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

I usually don't have a problem with shipping.  Problem is this sub is fairly big and awkward and because the drivers are on all sides and not flush with the cabinet, I can't imagine a better chance than 50/50 of it arriving alive.

Roadie.com looks interesting though, it definitely will fit in the front seat of a car.  If that's what you want to do, I'll get the process started.

7 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

Looks like a homemade grill.  I have 2 of the 15" in thsi series.  Great sub.

Thanks to your recommendation, I have acquired two of the 15" in this Foundation Series as well.

Wondered how the 18"-er's would compare, especially in a like kind dual sub set up.

Floppy, slow, how much SPL gain, etc.?

40 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Thanks to your recommendation, I have acquired two of the 15" in this Foundation Series as well.

Wondered how the 18"-er's would compare, especially in a like kind dual sub set up.

Floppy, slow, how much SPL gain, etc.?

A few Hz deeper and moves more air.  The series is musical too.

I haven't had an 18" to compare.

36 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Thanks for the post about the KLF-30. I found a shipper for $150 and sent the guy a note.  Why I wold go that after completing my system, I have no idea, but 2 pair of KLF-30 could only be fun.

Three pair is even more fun!

On 1/31/2018 at 7:55 PM, vasubandu said:

My mind is trying to grasp the notion of the RC-7 being "out," and having difficulty.  Cannot imagine being unfaithful to it.  But have not looked at many others, so perhaps I should.  If I got that set, I immediately would use the 30s for LR, the C7 for center, and the 20s for back surrounds with the RS-7 as surrounds since I have nothing else at the moment. I get the feeling that would be a much "bigger" setup than I have now.

Hey Vasa, I see you're system is coming together, congrats!

I just came across these online and figured I'd pass along:  https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-ksp-s6-tear-surround/6486398823.html.  A few dings and dents (these are hard to find perfect) but at $200 may be worth a negotiation.  Mine also had some dents in their fender, but still sound ideal with the KLF's.  So just an FYI.  Good luck on completion.

Best,

Frank

17 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

A few Hz deeper and moves more air.  The series is musical too.

I haven't had an 18" to compare.

I have the 18, I don't know if it works properly if someone came and tested it and it works for them I would let it got for $150.00.  Great for music, not for movies.  When it digs deep, it hurts.