Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

La Scala flat-packs.  Who knew?

Yeah if you buy the upgraded kits they have include the drivers, which expand as you unfold it.  The crossovers have special stretchable wires that expand into place. I saw a YouTube guy who was really strong.  He tossed them in the air while pulling them apart and they landed perfectly in place as complete speakers. But I personally am holing out the for the next version. They are going to be wireless.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

I have the 18, I don't know if it works properly if someone came and tested it and it works for them I would let it got for $150.00.  Great for music, not for movies.  When it digs deep, it hurts. 

If I was just a couple hours closer I would definitely pick that up. Nice sub.

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

I have the 18, I don't know if it works properly if someone came and tested it and it works for them I would let it got for $150.00.  Great for music, not for movies.  When it digs deep, it hurts. 

If it is popping, the amp will need to be replaced.

Might be "worth" it considering the cost of a new, like-kind. sub replacement.

6 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

If it is popping, the amp will need to be replaced.

Might be "worth" it considering the cost of a new, like-kind. sub replacement.

I emailed Velodyne and another out fit that claims to repair these amps.  Apparently there is an issue with servo controlled amps and they need to be repaired or replaced. Unfortunately I have I read that I can't remove the amp and add my own pro amp as the circuit needs the servo controller.

2 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/for/d/klipsch-subwoofers-kp-115-sw/6494813083.html

Pair of KP-115-sw available

$100 EACH

Condition looks good from limited photos & I'm close if that helps.

No affiliation.

I saw those.  Not much bass extension, but they will move some air.

9 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/for/d/klipsch-subwoofers-kp-115-sw/6494813083.html

Pair of KP-115-sw available

$100 EACH

Condition looks good from limited photos & I'm close if that helps.

No affiliation.

Never heard them but for $100 it sure is tempting. Heck they would make nice stands for speakers, or end tables even at that price...lol

5 hours ago, teaman said:

Never heard them but for $100 it sure is tempting. Heck they would make nice stands for speakers, or end tables even at that price...lol

A nice drive from Howell to Fremont would be pleasant this time of year.  You could even squeeze in a visit to:

CEC533EA-C7D5-42CE-8D93-251ABE548E92.jpeg

F1FD938D-A856-4EF1-AFCA-27E62F21FFA7.jpeg

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

There's a reason they're only $100.00 and they're still for sale.

Thanks, I honestly wouldn't know what to expect from them. Most of the PA subs I've heard are pretty thin sounding. I would think putting some good power to them would help but maybe not.

Tim

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Thanks, I honestly wouldn't know what to expect from them. Most of the PA subs I've heard are pretty thin sounding. I would think putting some good power to them would help but maybe not.

Tim

More power will make them fart louder.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, DizRotus said:

A nice drive from Howell to Fremont would be pleasant this time of year.  You could even squeeze in a visit to:

CEC533EA-C7D5-42CE-8D93-251ABE548E92.jpeg

F1FD938D-A856-4EF1-AFCA-27E62F21FFA7.jpeg

Gerber is now owned by Nestle.

I try to boycott them due to their VERY large scale ground water withdrawal & bottling activities.

Their negative draw down of the aquifer is impacting native trout stream levels, supporting habitat, as well stressing neighboring communities well water sources.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The whole bottled water thing is a mistake.

Just a smaller scale diversion in comparison to the truck loads that leave northern Illinois headed south bound.

Bottled water does have its use, but way too many now rely on it as a convenience factor.

Filling a container from the household faucet, at pennies per gallon, is much more "cents-able"

• Like 1