Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

1 hour ago, Arrow#422 said:

Just a smaller scale diversion in comparison to the truck loads that leave northern Illinois headed south bound.

Bottled water does have its use, but way too many now rely on it as a convenience factor.

Filling a container from the household faucet, at pennies per gallon, is much more "cents-able"

My wife and I met in 1984 when we were studying abroad in France, and that was my introduction to bottled water.  The source for Evian was not far away, and it was preferred by the locals. As water goes, it is Champagne. It has a very distinctive taste without having a taste.  When the water is that good, bottled water makes sense.  And all of the bottled waters in Europe has specific sources.

When we got back to the U.S> I tried to start a bottled water company that would secure a source somewhere high in the mountains in Colorado and call it Rocky Mountain Bottled Water. Everyone told me that I was nuts and that no one would ever pay for bottled water.  I guess some things never change.  These days, most bottled water is treated municipal water or the equivalent.  People are buying tap water and not even good tap water.  I think even Evian sells some U.S. source water here.  Good bottled water is worth the trip.

• Like 1

When, in the late 70's my older hippy bud says to me "I should bottle and sell water" I thought he was nuts.  His response was "even restaurants will be charging for water just like coffee, tea, and other beverages".  BS man, we've got water everywhere.  NO, the west coast is real dry man and it's gonna get worse.  I'm not sure they charge for a glass of water  with a meal yet, but he was acutely perceptive in many instances and his ideas were just ill timed to take economic advantage.  

The snow board was "invented" in my backyard, but this guy had a differing thought of mounting a skateboard to a water ski width board to have an articulating mechanism and then use simple toe holds rather than the lock in bindings they currently use.

Another idea was "smart" technology where a room could know how many persons were in a given room and could adjust the temperature to their predetermined liking.

He was 30 years ahead of his time in thought, but 30 years behind in funding, contact base, and persistence to bring them to market.

21 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Forgot how F'n cool this picture really was.

Excellent change from the iceboat photo and adds some nice color to the forum.

What is the subject of that photo?  Please attach it to a post so we can see the whole thing.

• Confused 1

Not sure how badly the functionality was compromised.  Seller noted "radio" worked, CD output yielded no sound.

Parts only?  Maybe worthy of a restoration.  Noted nicotine staining means the innards are coated as well.

SOLD for $422.

I can only lead you to the water, it is up to you to drink - or not.

• 3 weeks later...

"The Curse of Lost Confederate Gold"

You all should tune in to The History Channel and follow this story.

Looks as if the series is airing on Tuesday nights @ 10m EST.

It hits quite close to home, and I've had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Dykstra in person within the past year.

Tune in.

• Thanks 1

This was good deal in Oregon I thought. $500. A little static for 2-3 seconds when shutting down otherwise a one owner pristine Mc. Would have been my first McIntosh audio gear. Unfortunately, it's in the next state over and this flu has tank rolled me so no driving for this ace. Maybe next time..

00S0S_63fyonjhIG6_600x450.jpg

00c0c_eLCJ1cTywzz_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

^^^^^smoking deal, congrats on a great sounding amp.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I WAS going to get it but this flu hammered me yesterday so I wasn't able to make the drive. Jim was a nice guy and understood. I had every intention of getting it but that wasn't yesterday. 

• Like 1