Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

Jim-

Thanks for the video. It's always a challenge explaining sailing to non-sailors. Most intuitively think of sailing as akin to a hot air balloon being taken whichever way the wind blows. When asked how is it possible for a sailboat/iceboat to go into the wind and/or faster than the wind, they shrug their shoulders. This video helps to explain the importance of foils, above and below the waterline.

At these speeds, America's Cup racing can now be an entertaining spectator sport.

Edited by DizRotus

…………….At these speeds, America's Cup racing can now be an entertaining spectator sport.

When on opposite tacks and two boats approaching each other, the closing speeds can reach 100mph.

Not much time for 2nd guessing who has the right of way, or who's ego should fold 1st.

Before foiling, the traditional mono-hull boats would rarely reach 20mph.

Now, with the foiling aspect & the associated speeds, lives are definitely at risk.

The element of danger does seem to add to the "worthiness" of spectating most sports.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

http://monroe.craigslist.org/spo/5533147225.html

It might be "awesome bass" but an rsw-15 for a G, ain't my cup of tea.

Same on is $1099 on Epay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301932552048?item=301932552048&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

At those prices, it better vacuum the floor and bring me drink on command - jeesh

Edited by Arrow#422

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/for/5531274309.html

This is close, is there any money to be made with this?

At 650, considering the amount of work it would take to update and checkout, I would say there''s not any money to be made on this.  Now if you want to strip it and utilize amp, preamp, etc for a project, then it (might) be worthwhile...JMHO

I found a very nice golf-ball sized black morel in the front yard today.

They are just starting to pop up as the light rain last night must have helped.

Saturday is stream trout opener & with a few quarts of 'shrooms, it should be a good weekend feast.

Regarding the posting of finds that I can't personally acquire the question then becomes either to post, not to post, or PM locals I'm familiar with.  Considering non-forum members regularly seek out deals by browsing here, I have yet to reach a final decision on this.

Maybe the alerts section should be restricted to forum member only access?

That would align nicely with PM ability only amongst forum members which excludes the general public from items found in the garage sale section.

Much like the Emotiva site as well.

• Like 3

But then again my Belles were ultimately acquired because of an alert found here while "browsing" as a non-member, which highlighted their availability, & close (enough) proximity.  I truly see both sides & continue to share finds as they reveal themselves.  

It would just be nice to hear from the forum buyers if indeed items were gotten because of the information found here.

That kind of feedback would be like putting gas in the tank to continue sharing those finds.

Edited by Arrow#422

Regarding the posting of finds that I can't personally acquire the question then becomes either to post, not to post, or PM locals I'm familiar with.  Considering non-forum members regularly seek out deals by browsing here, I have yet to reach a final decision on this.

Maybe the alerts section should be restricted to forum member only access?

That would align nicely with PM ability only amongst forum members which excludes the general public from items found in the garage sale section.

Much like the Emotiva site as well.

But then again my Belles were ultimately acquired because of an alert found here while "browsing" as a non-member, which highlighted their availability, & close (enough) proximity.  I truly see both sides & continue to share finds as they reveal themselves.  

It would just be nice to hear from the forum buyers if indeed items were gotten because of the information found here.

That kind of feedback would be like putting gas in the tank to continue sharing those finds.

Are you two arguing again?  :P

I have posed in the Alert section and a few members have scored. Many members have scored due to Brandon's alerts on here. I have sent PMs about deals in other areas and received PMs and scored deals in my area. We have debated on here before about what to do about the problems of non members scoring what was meant for members and some members troll and sabotage what could have been a good deal.

In the end, I still post deals here when I see them.  

• Like 1