Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

On 1/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Hawaiian LaScala's for $700:

I just sent him a message.  Would be a direct flight to me.  They look gorgeous and have to be worth that, right?

Air Cargo from Honolulu to Seattle would be $260. So a gorgeous pair of LaScala for less than $1,000.  Yes or no?

18 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Hmm, I can get 3 KLF-30, 2 KLF-20 and a KLC-c7 for $1600.  Hard to say which is better.  I was thinking the KLF-30 at around $1,000 in the deal.

I thought I saw a trio of KLF-30's (maybe in Minneapolis area) for $1000 not too long ago.

If so, then this package is in the ball park.

You'd probably want to utilize the C7 center for these, so that RC-7 you have may be out should you go 3-way KLF.

8 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

You'd probably want to utilize the C7 center for these, so that RC-7 you have may be out

My mind is trying to grasp the notion of the RC-7 being "out," and having difficulty.  Cannot imagine being unfaithful to it.  But have not looked at many others, so perhaps I should.  If I got that set, I immediately would use the 30s for LR, the C7 for center, and the 20s for back surrounds with the RS-7 as surrounds since I have nothing else at the moment. I get the feeling that would be a much "bigger" setup than I have now.

10 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

So if I get the Hawaii LaScala for $1,150 would they work as surrounds with the KLF-30 for left and right and the KLC-C7 center?

I'm not sure if you are joking. In case you are not, I wouldnt suggest you make la scalas surround duty unless your mains were khorns. Use the la scale in a dedicated 2 channel setup.

22 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I'm not sure if you are joking. In case you are not, I wouldnt suggest you make la scalas surround duty unless your mains were khorns. Use the la scale in a dedicated 2 channel setup.

@dtr20  Exactly !!!

@vasubandu  Buy the Hawaiian LS if they check out as previously mentioned through PM.

AND then buy the KLF package and you're done...........for the time being.

You'd have 2 awesome set ups that would allow you to sell pretty much everything you are currently using.

18 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I was totally joking, but if someone said go for it, I am sure I would.  I do kind of wonder how they would work for left and right.

5 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@vasubandu

I am someone, and I say - go for it.

Or, keep questing for those unicorn type items you've never heard :P

1 hour ago, rebuy said:

Why not use the Axiom for surrounds?

Do they sound OK ?

They actually sound great for as small and weird as they are.  Kind of punchy.  The look like a dipole with the two facing side and the two angled sides.  Each of the angled sides has a 1 inch titanium tweeter. The front is blank, and the top and bottom has 5.25" aluminum woofers.  So they call it a quadpole. Sensitivity is 96 dB so they play loudly. I don't want to use them because I will have much better luck selling the whole set, and having a 7.1 complete set makes it stand out. I reduced the price to $2,000, and I have a guy coming to audition it on Saturday.  

On 2/1/2018 at 2:32 AM, vasubandu said:

They actually sound great for as small and weird as they are.  Kind of punchy.  The look like a dipole with the two facing side and the two angled sides.  Each of the angled sides has a 1 inch titanium tweeter. The front is blank, and the top and bottom has 5.25" aluminum woofers.  So they call it a quadpole. Sensitivity is 96 dB so they play loudly. I don't want to use them because I will have much better luck selling the whole set, and having a 7.1 complete set makes it stand out. I reduced the price to $2,000, and I have a guy coming to audition it on Saturday.  

Did you sell them?