Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

44 minutes ago, Gnote said:

Try living by him. I'm surprised I've got any speakers at all 😄

These were posted in December, I didn't notice the ad until this week.  

I contacted him and he told me that the bass was acting up in one speaker and he was going to pull the ad.

I told him I was still interested and can likely find the problem.  He offered them to me much cheaper, if I didn't want them he would give them to a friend.

I picked them up, didn't even hook them up for the price.

I tested them out, one of the woofers is shorted out.  Anyone have, know of a woofer for a CF-3 v1, I heard they changed them for the later versions (I could be wrong about that). 

6 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

These were posted in December, I didn't notice the ad until this week.  

I contacted him and he told me that the bass was acting up in one speaker and he was going to pull the ad.

I told him I was still interested and can likely find the problem.  He offered them to me much cheaper, if I didn't want them he would give them to a friend.

I picked them up, didn't even hook them up for the price.

I tested them out, one of the woofers is shorted out.  Anyone have, know of a woofer for a CF-3 v1, I heard they changed them for the later versions (I could be wrong about that). 

When you say shorted... in the voice coil or possibly a loose connection in the wire going to the spider?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=2&toolid=10044&campid=5336802213&customid=no-subcat&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&item=183865144491

Velodyne F-1500 

$120 located in Denton TX - p/u only

These go very low in Hz and are great economical subs.....especially at this price.

The servo amp will eventually fail but what the hell, nearly everything goes to $h!t over time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Maybe Heathkit? http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/4931-arheathkit-as-2-double-cabinets/

What's inside could be anywhere from Altec to Knight.

Not sure those are the exact same cabinet, but pretty close.  And mungikiman is correct, could be anything inside.  You might get lucky....  Mine have Jensen coaxials that are beautiful.

Ice is beginning to form on our local lakes so a change of my profile photo seemed in order.

If you look at it closely, this was the best day to ice sail all of last season - here on 2/22/18.

4-5" of hard black ice in the photo was quickly softened as the sun made an appearance around 1pm.

The next day, the entire sheet that we were confidently ripping around on at speeds around 50mph became OPEN WATER and the boats were put back into hibernation to await another season.

6 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Ice is beginning to form on our local lakes so a change of my profile photo seemed in order.

If you look at it closely, this was the best day to ice sail all of last season - here on 2/22/18.

4-5" of hard black ice in the photo was quickly softened as the sun made an appearance around 1pm.

The next day, the entire sheet that we were confidently ripping around on at speeds around 50mph became OPEN WATER and the boats were put back into hibernation to await another season.

Sounds like perfect conditions for a snowmobile also 😃