70th Anniversary Klipsch Heresy III Speakers Available Now

Alex L

they are EXTREMELY beautiful... will wait for the secondary market.

are they MDF or Baltic Birch?

MDF

Are those badges or complete grills available as a parts purchase?

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Oh and here is the blog I wrote for these beauties: LINK

Also, would y'all be interested in a bunch of production photos that I have? The production photo on the 70th Anniversary Heresy III page is a legitimate shot of these speakers. Not one from years past.

If you guys are interested, I'll edit a bunch of them and post them here and probably on our flickr account as well.

Yes, please do!

• Like 1

$3200 a pair?  You really think they'll go fast?

Yes. Many have already been accounted for. Trust me, I was surprised too! Not because the speakers aren't worth it - they are truly breathtaking - however, that is a certainly a lot of coin.

Referencing Stereo Review's "Stereo Directory & Buying Guide 1974" the Heresy is listed at $276 which in today's dollars is $1413 or $2826/pr.

Given the 70th ed. comes with a fancy veneer, a set of floor stands and free shipping the price isn't out of line (it's not a bargain either).

FWIW, the Klipschorn in the same directory is listed at $990 ea. or $10,136/pr in 2016 dollars.  The factory list is $12,000/pr. which is 1.18X higher than the 2016 equivalent of the 1974 price.

Edited by John Warren
  • Like 1

they are EXTREMELY beautiful... will wait for the secondary market.

are they MDF or Baltic Birch?

MDF

Are those badges or complete grills available as a parts purchase?

Not right now and there weren't plans on it.... but, I'm working on it. I want them for mine!

Also, would y'all be interested in a bunch of production photos that I have? The production photo on the 70th Anniversary Heresy III page is a legitimate shot of these speakers. Not one from years past.

If you guys are interested, I'll edit a bunch of them and post them here and probably on our flickr account as well.

Yes, please do!

I had my laptop stolen here in NYC so it'll be a while before I can get those up unfortunately :/

Yes, please do!

I had my laptop stolen here in NYC so it'll be a while before I can get those up unfortunately :/

I've got a 2015 MBP for sale. :)

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/163063-fs-2015-macbook-pro/

Well, my order from Klipsch.com went through, but was canceled two days later due to the warehouse being out of stock...

Luckily, an immediate search online landed me a pair from Hifi Heaven, which had them on the way from Klipsch already!! In my opinion, the $3200 price tag is relatively cheap for such a limited run, and I was happy to pay it. I don't exactly have anywhere to put these yet, but that won't be a problem for long. 

• Chad unpinned this topic