JUST set up my RP-260F towers, and... Oh my God! Audio heaven!

XciteMe

I only have the towers so far (I'm getting a complete Klipsch Reference Premiere 5.1 setup, I'm just ordering the other speakers later as more funds become available), but this 2-channel stereo setup sounds absolutely AMAZING! :D  I'm seriously so impressed. How is it possible I'm only running 2 channels but it already sounds like a movie theater in my bedroom!?

The impact, the bass (I don't even have my subwoofer yet!), the clarity, the surround separation! I don't even have my center channel yet but the RP-260F's are so awesome they project the dialogue in a way that it feels like I have a phantom center. It's incredible.

Question, guys.

I'm ordering my RP-440C center tomorrow, and I have enough funds to order either my subwoofer (R-110SW) OR the surrounds (RP-240S) along with the center. I'll have to wait another 2 weeks until payday to order the last part of my 5.1 Klipsch RP setup, whatever that may be.

So my question to you guys is, which do I order with my Center channel? Do I get the subwoofer so that I can have a 3.1 setup until my next payday, or do I get the surrounds and then order the subwoofer 2 weeks from now?

Which is more important for the time being?

• Like 3

I would definitely grab a subwoofer first. The sub will add instant impact to your set up, whereas the surround speakers don't get a lot of heavy lifting and could probably wait. Do yourself a favor and don't cut corners in a hurry to finish your system, because believe me this is an expensive and never ending hobby. Glad you are happy with the speakers!

Tim

I'm running this 5.1 setup in a bedroom believe it or not (12x13'). Do you think springing for the 112-SW (12" woofer) will be overkill given my room size? Keep in mind I have towers, not bookshelves. A 65" inch TV in my bedroom is insane and immersive as hell, so I just want the sound to go along with it!

Do I spend the extra $100 and get the 12" woofer?

I started off with a single 12, that wasn't enough, so I got a second, that still wasn't enough. Sold both 12's and got two 15's. All of this was within a year, if I would of just originally went with what i originally wanted it would of saved me money in the long run. I'm sure here before too long I'll add a couple more 15's, be prepared though you just started a long and expensive hobby and once you go down that rabbit hole it doesn't stop.

• Like 1

My order of preference if you already have the L/R:

2.1  Add sub (go for the 12", it isn't that much larger and it's only another $100.

3.1  Add center

5.1 The surrounds can be added last.

You might even discover for TV watching that 3.1 will give you all that you need.

• Like 1

You guys have convinced me to get the 12" Klipsch sub instead of the 10"

I hope you know you guys are sick in the head lmao...

My next question is, my receiver is the Yamaha RX-A2050, which has YPAO room calibration. My question is, with a big beefy 12" subwoofer in my 12x13 bedroom, how will I "tame" the sub if I need to? My understanding is YPAO doesn't EQ the sub, so how will I dial in the sub's bass and everything to match my speakers and the room?

All depends on what your ears are telling you. I have my subs louder than what my receiver suggests. I tend to like more bass when I'm watching movies and listening to music, some people like less bass. It's your equipment so dial it in the way to what sounds best to your ears.

How much are you getting the 12" for? I have owned the 10" and 12" models. Both are kind of weak in my opinion. You have towers that can put out a lot of bass why not srpings for the 15". It's dogs way lower and has way more output. I maxed the 10" and 12" out no problem in my living room which is 11x17. I mean if your going all out then go all out. Trust me if you don't, not too long from now you'll wish you had

• Like 2

My next question is, my receiver is the Yamaha RX-A2050, which has YPAO room calibration. My question is, with a big beefy 12" subwoofer in my 12x13 bedroom, how will I "tame" the sub if I need to?

I've found this video to be helpful. 

• Like 1

I think I'm leaning more and more towards a sealed SVS SB2000. I've been doing lots of reading and research... Everybody seems to agree that a small room (like mine, 12x13 bedroom) will work best with a sealed subwoofer.

The only thing I am unsure of, is I keep reading the generalization that "sealed is better for music, ported better for movies and games." 95% of my HT use is for movies and games, so I don't wanna get a ported sub and feel like there's no "oomph" like at a movie theater.

Ported will be louder. Ported will be good for movies and music where as sealed will be good for music but may leave you wanting for movies

All true but he will get some boundary gain with a sealed sub in his smallish room which will add some lower oooomph for movies..  I have all sealed subs in my 5000ft3+ family room/kitchen/nook and it sure is not lacking for movies.  Though I can't say that I am getting sub 17Hz at 105dB at my listening position.

Bill