JUST set up my RP-260F towers, and... Oh my God! Audio heaven!

XciteMe

Ported will be louder. Ported will be good for movies and music where as sealed will be good for music but may leave you wanting for movies

All true but he will get some boundary gain with a sealed sub in his smallish room which will add some lower oooomph for movies.. I have all sealed subs in my 5000ft3+ family room/kitchen/nook and it sure is not lacking for movies. Though I can't say that I am getting sub 17Hz at 105dB at my listening position.

Bill

oh I do and it sure makes things interesting. Ahh having a small room has only a few perks.

Ported will be louder. Ported will be good for movies and music where as sealed will be good for music but may leave you wanting for movies

All true but he will get some boundary gain with a sealed sub in his smallish room which will add some lower oooomph for movies..  I have all sealed subs in my 5000ft3+ family room/kitchen/nook and it sure is not lacking for movies.  Though I can't say that I am getting sub 17Hz at 105dB at my listening position.

Bill

Multiple sealed is a whole different story lol. 

I have all sealed subs in my 5000ft3+ family room/kitchen/nook and it sure is not lacking for movies.  Though I can't say that I am getting sub 17Hz at 105dB at my listening position.

115 db at 12 hz here. Takes a little dip below that, although the hardware is supposed to be flat to 7 hz. Not sure what happens.

Though, I can't say my ears can actually take the tweeters if they were at a level that is keeping up with this. Me and loud tweets don't get along very well. Subs are a different story.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I only have the towers so far (I'm getting a complete Klipsch Reference Premiere 5.1 setup, I'm just ordering the other speakers later as more funds become available), but this 2-channel stereo setup sounds absolutely AMAZING! :D  I'm seriously so impressed. How is it possible I'm only running 2 channels but it already sounds like a movie theater in my bedroom!?

The impact, the bass (I don't even have my subwoofer yet!), the clarity, the surround separation! I don't even have my center channel yet but the RP-260F's are so awesome they project the dialogue in a way that it feels like I have a phantom center. It's incredible.

Question, guys.

I'm ordering my RP-440C center tomorrow, and I have enough funds to order either my subwoofer (R-110SW) OR the surrounds (RP-240S) along with the center. I'll have to wait another 2 weeks until payday to order the last part of my 5.1 Klipsch RP setup, whatever that may be.

So my question to you guys is, which do I order with my Center channel? Do I get the subwoofer so that I can have a 3.1 setup until my next payday, or do I get the surrounds and then order the subwoofer 2 weeks from now?

Which is more important for the time being?

First of all congrats on your new speakers :)

I would recommend that you get the surrounds since the towers already produce bass so no need for a subwoofer now. This way you'll have an almost 5.1 setup: 

right and left speakers

center speaker

right and left surrounds

bass from 2 towers

Enjoy :)