Questions on installing the CDT-5800-C-II speakers

toomnymods

I recently purchased a pair of these CDT-5800-C-II speakers to finish out my 7.1.4 dolby atmos surround sound setup. I'm just wondering what would offer me the best sound quality and bass response? Building a custom mdf enclosure for these and filling it halfway with polyfill or just letting them play out into the attic? My house is already 3 yrs old so installing the prebuilt boxes from Klipsch won't work as these have to be installed before the drywall is put up supposedly. My attic doesn't have the pink rolled up insulation, it has the loose white cottony stuff and I'm afraid it'd mess up the speaker being buried under this stuff?

What size should the enclosure be?

thanks

The strange thing about these things is when using them for actual Atmos stuff, there's hardly any bass that comes out of them. :)  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I used to think it was a big deal, but for Atmos it just isn't.  Full range music would be a different story.  If you want to keep the fluff off of them, you can get molded light enclosures from the Home Depot for cheap.  For bass response, you can use a wood baffle on the back of the drywall, and block it up / attach it to the trusses.  For actual Atmos-only use though, I don't think you're going to see any noticeable difference by building a full enclosure around them, would be a bunch of work for not much benefit.  

Multiple installers use vapor barriers like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BAZZ-Vapor-Shield-for-Recessed-Lighting-Kits-VAP101/203562722

I play a ton of music on my surround sound. So i guess it would matter if the reccessed light covers would make it sound like garbage id perfer not to use them. Hate to spend 800 bucks on speakers and not even get to hear the sound quality from them.