Should I flag this one? Epic CF-3s in SLC - outrageous asking price

Alpha Lima

The photos are cruddy. You can only reply by phone. He says they've got sequential serial numbers, but does not provide them - and though they look nice, I can tell right away these are not Version 1s.

Even so, isn't his asking price a bit stratospheric for a pair in black satin?

Definitely not affiliated with this one.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/ele/5509712602.html

With a phone number given, and a definitive price posted (regardless of being perceived as fair or not) I'd say let it run.

Now if they were $125 with an oddball gmail account - by all means flag it / them

my $0.02 - ymmv

• Like 1

overpriced for sure, but they look to be in nice shape.... i sold my almost mint condition ver2 cf-4's for $900 in black satin, with original boxes.

hard to tell the version by the crappy pics, the ports do look to be on the shorter side but the mid definitely looks like the grey'ish color of version 1's.  could also be version 2 with shorter ports but still the better woofers.  ask for the serial number, thats really the only way to confirm. 

• Like 1

Its probably the guy down in Lehi that tries to flip speakers by buying them cheap on KSL classifieds then re-selling them on Craigs List. I dont think he actually sells anything though as most of the listings have sat for months. Also, welcome to the forum! Are you from UT as well? There are some really good deals that come up around here on KSL that usually sit around for a while because its hard for others to get here. (I actually dont post many SLC Alerts anymore as they typically languish).

Here are some decent deals for now:

Some cornwalls:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=39149954&cat=&lpid=1&search=klipsch&ad_cid=10

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=38870986&cat=&lpid=&search=klipsch&ad_cid=1

Nice looking Forte's for $400 OBO:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=39209428&cat=&lpid=&search=klipsch&ad_cid=5

• Like 1

Now if they were $125 with an oddball gmail account - by all means flag it / them my $0.02 - ymmv

Add my 3 cents to Arrow's 2 cents.  We are in agreement all the way up to the five cent level. 

Certainly there is some puffing, but I didn't see deception.  No flag for this one. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I wanna say this ad and speakers have been for sale for at least 3 years, I searched craigslist a couple of years ago for my cfs and this ad was up at that time, same price, city, and pictures. could be Bogus or they are sticking to their guns on price!!

Maybe you should just mind you own business.

Keith

???

You asked should you flag the ad, yet you don't know if it's legitimate or not. Rather than asking here maybe you should contact the seller rather than asking others here who probably don't know if the ad is legitimate either, if you're so concerned. 

Also, if you're not interested in purchasing the item, why are you so concerned?

Keith

• Like 1

Maybe you should just mind you own business.

Keith

???

You asked should you flag the ad, yet you don't know if it's legitimate or not. Rather than asking here maybe you should contact the seller rather than asking others here who probably don't know if the ad is legitimate either, if you're so concerned. 

Also, if you're not interested in purchasing the item, why are you so concerned?

Keith

Thanks for your input, Keith.

- Alpha

• Like 1