Am I insane? I think I might sell my RF7s.

maseline_98

Here is my current theater setup:

2-RF7s, RC7, 2-RS7s, 4-Emo UAC8.2s.

Emo XPA5, UMC200

Adcom 5300

Benq HT1075, 110" Screen

SVS 20-39PC+

I'm considering downsizing my speakers to inwall (frontstage) and onwall (rears) and purchasing a psa v3600i to combat the lowend frequency loss to streamline our theater watching experience and free up the floors space. I might also consider keeping the RC7.

Am I just crazy? I never heard inwall (or onwall for that matter) speakers and was curious how they preform.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trading RF-7's for in-wall speakers??? Go listen to a pair of in-wall speakers and if that doesn't convince you of your mistake, then check yourself into the nearest mental health facility.

I'm sorry but a few a few square feet of floor space isn't worth that trade.

• Like 1

Here is my current theater setup:

2-RF7s, RC7, 2-RS7s, 4-Emo UAC8.2s.

Emo XPA5, UMC200

Adcom 5300

Benq HT1075, 110" Screen

SVS 20-39PC+

I'm considering downsizing my speakers to inwall (frontstage) and onwall (rears) and purchasing a psa v3600i to combat the lowend frequency loss to streamline our theater watching experience and free up the floors space. I might also consider keeping the RC7.

Am I just crazy? I never heard inwall (or onwall for that matter) speakers and was curious how they preform.

Sell em to me cheap enough and you're sound as a dollar.  :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
Well...I guess I am crazy. The hope was to get enough room for a second row of theater seating....

Honestly, if it were me, I would take phenomenal sounding speakers over a second row any day of the week. 

Plus I was going to do an acoustic transparent screen.

Do an AT Screen with your current setup and you'll have an even better setup.  :D

purchasing a psa v3600i to combat the lowend frequency loss

This is an amazing sub! Your face will hurt from smiling so much. If your room is any smaller than my 11,000+ cubic ft garage you'll need some sort of seat belt to make sure your not blow out of the room.  

purchasing a psa v3600i to combat the lowend frequency loss

This is an amazing sub! Your face will hurt from smiling so much. If your room is any smaller than my 11,000+ cubic ft garage you'll need some sort of seat belt to make sure your not blow out of the room.
Our theater space is about 14'x16'. We are splitting the room in half with a full curtain. The full room is 26'x16'.

Well...I guess I am crazy. The hope was to get enough room for a second row of theater seating....

Honestly, if it were me, I would take phenomenal sounding speakers over a second row any day of the week.

Plus I was going to do an acoustic transparent screen.

Do an AT Screen with your current setup and you'll have an even better setup. :D
Wish I could recess the the RFs but there is a stairway behind the wall that the screen is mounted.

Maseline,

I sold my RF-7's a year or so back, but kept the RC-7. I did pick up a pair of RB-35's later, to replace the RF-7's.....for HT use. Without question, the RF-7's are better speakers. However, for my 15 x 20 room, with the RC-7 and the RSW-15, the RB-35's do a very good job. I'm impressed with these bookshelf speakers. Again, this setup is just for HT use. For me, I think I would have missed the RC-7 much more, if I had sold it, than I do the RF-7's. Just my experience.

Hogfan