make sure to elevate your cables.

Shiva

I can actually hear his voice echoing off the walls.

But the cables are so good, it actually makes the sound immune to primary reflection points... :lol:

I never got that about power cords, you have cheap wiring in your walls etc so why would the last 3 ft of "nice" cable make any difference?

• Like 1

I can actually hear his voice echoing off the walls.

But the cables are so good, it actually makes the sound immune to primary reflection points... :lol:

I never got that about power cords, you have cheap wiring in your walls etc so why would the last 3 ft of "nice" cable make any difference?

Blasphemy!!

I have heard about solid copper power cables being better than stranded power cables. If that is the case, you probably have solid copper wiring in your house. That part could make sense.

I mean why not, what could hurt. I actually do keep my speaker wire from laying on the carpet - --

My elevators - Otis of course. Makes those Cardas blocks look pretty puny - and mine have a capacity of 4500 lbs.

My Dad worked for Otis Elevators for a while....he was the one who did the testing where you press the "Down" button, and then jump up in the air when the car starts to move...he would always come home from work with a funny look on his face.....

I came very close to buying a Prima Luna integrated tube amp. I'm glad I went digital with my Cambridge, if this is the typical owner of that equipment.

Nice listening room. Maybe a couple marble statues would help bounce the sound a bit more.

Perhaps nobody has informed him of the "potential" reason for elevating your cables from the floor...you know, a floor with carpet composed of man made fibers that could result in very minor magnetic field creation. Not that I buy into that crap, but this guy has wood floors and has elevated his cables with, um, wood! For the record, my ZuAudio cables are laying on my carpet.

Edited by digital_throwback

BS!

Dont add props under the cables to elevate....One must suspend the cables from the ceiling with hand woven yarn.

If you're spinning this yarn there's probably money to be made. What do you think about using excess public hair?

• Like 1

Don't you just want to push one of them down like domino's?  He should probably turn the heat up too, then he could remove that stupid scarf and vest.  LOL

ROTFLMBO!!!  :lol:  I nearly spit out my ice cream when I read that!

You're just lucky don't own me a new computer screen!  :D

• Like 2

You should not only elevate your cables, but sit below them.  It is best to put them about 6.5 feet off the floor, and arrange them in the shape of  triangle (from the power amp to each of the two front speakers, and with a cable across between those two speakers, which is connected to nothing on either end ... this is arrangement is called "tri-wiring").   Of course, wear a pyramid on your head.  If you wear glasses, like the individual in the video, be careful to not turn your head while listening, because reflection of the lenses will adversely affect the imaging. One way to prevent this is to use a head clamp.  Clamps made of titanium get good reviews, but those that are gold plated restore the warmth of the music.  As Linn recommends, do not have a telephone, or anything else with a diaphragm, in the room that may vibrate in response to the sound waves.  Listeners can hold their breath to prevent their own diaphragm from moving, no matter how high the SPL.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 3