Chorus ii lucky find!

Cotso

WOW what a find...very lucky. What people throw away amazes me instead of trying to sell or give to a friend. I was at a recycle center one day and this company who charges to haul stuff off drove in with a whole shopsmith in pieces in the back. I have also heard of K-Horns being found in dumpsters.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. You can't beat free, working Klipsch speakers. I have the same speakers, but modified with Crites crossovers, Crites Titanium tweeter diaphragms and Crites Phenolic midrange diaphragms. Even in stock configuration, these are awesome speakers, the mods take them up a notch and with tube amplification I can't fathom anything sounding better, though they sound just fine with a decent solid state amp or AVR. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2016 at 1:01 PM, Cotso said:

Thanks man. I'm just loving the new sound. I've been rotating between the JBL TLX12s, Dali Concept 6s and vintage Kreisler's. When brought the Chorusii into the living room my partner have me a dirty look and queried where I intended to put them. Iovrd the Dali's out and these are here to stay. I keep mentioning to her how more incredible these speakers sound, she looks at me like I'm a nutcase....lol..

If you go more than a few days without getting that look you're doing it wrong. Congratulations on the find.

It's amazing what people will let go of, let alone in the garbage! My best find was when I mentioned offhandedly to a client that I think Klipsch makes great home speakers. When he said he had an old, unused pair I told him they'd probably be worth a buck, but since he was moving, it was easier to just give them to me. No complaints!