Got me a 4k UHD player yesterday and 4 4k titles :)

toomnymods

My god what a difference what a difference a "true 4k player makes" I was able to find a Samsung UBD-K8500/ZA I had been just been playing blu-rays on my playstation 4 for the longest time and the picture on my 55" 9500 4k UHD series Samsung tv has been pretty bad imo. I shouldn't be able to see pixels from 10' back imo on a $4,500 tv. Thiers soo many settings for sound and video I really don't know how to configure this thing to get the best quality sound for my 7.1.4 dolby atmos setup. Is it best to let the Samsung player decode the data or let my Yamaha RX-A3050 decode everything? will my receiver automatically pick the best highest quality audio format to play? All this is soo new to me guess I have a lot to learn. Just want to make sure I'm getting the best possible sound and picture possible. :)

Please help..

heres a link to the Samsung UHD 4k player I purchased:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/UBD-K8500/ZA

Edited by toomnymods

I suggest getting a tv calibration disc. I have used them on everybtv and they always improve the picture. Either that us the problem or something as simple as the hdmi cable not working right. That model tv is aa good as they get...aregular bluray should look amazing. Im guessing the sharpness is way too high

I went to the AVS website and they have the settings laid out over there, just have to read thru 200 pages to find what your looking for.. Everyone has installed this 4k player on every imaginable combo tv and receiver imaginable and it was hard to find one that had my specific tv..

After spending about 20 minutes changing the settings on the tv and the 4k player, its just astonishing how crisp and crystal clear everything has become!!

The colors are so bright and vivid now and just jump out at you. From what I have gathered this 4k player is "ONLY BENEFICIAL"  to those who have atleast  one of the best top tier 4k tvs such as a Samsung series 8500 - 9500. Anything under this will not benefit from it at all from what people have seen so far. This has been by far the best $400.00 I've spent In a long time. I'm already wanting to start saving for that Samsung 4k SUHD 78" 9 series tv as this 55" is just too small for the 13' wall it is now currently on.

• Like 1

I am hoping that other blu-ray players they come out with have this dual hdmi out! It will reallymsave me a wad of cash as i just purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-77. Also, is that j9500 an HDR set and does this blu-ray player output HDR? I think any 4k tv with the proper hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 connection would benefit from this player. Looking forward to getting one for my p602ui-b3

I am hoping that other blu-ray players they come out with have this dual hdmi out! It will reallymsave me a wad of cash as i just purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-77. Also, is that j9500 an HDR set and does this blu-ray player output HDR? I think any 4k tv with the proper hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 connection would benefit from this player. Looking forward to getting one for my p602ui-b3

Yes this bluray player can output HDR. I got one too and the details and colors are absolutely perfect