Which center speaker?

Regislive

Hello all I am new here and buidling a home theater.  I know I am going with Klipsch speakers (RP-280f) for the front mains but I cannot decided on which center speaker to buy.  I am trying to decided if I want the RP-250c or the RP-450c.  The speaker dealer suggested I only need the 250 but whenever I see this bundled online they always sell it with the 450c (Crutchfield also recommedned the 450c).  My room is only 12x12 with lower ceilings so I'm not sure if I should listen to my dealer or go bigger.  Please help me by making suggestions and why one is better than the other. 

Thanks for your time.

Bigger is better in MOST cases. I sure wouldn't get the biggest towers and the smallest center. Doesn't make sense to me. Bet your dealer bought a few and can't move them so he's being a dirtbag and suggesting you buy the smallest?!? Lol

Anything I've ever read on any home theater forum says the center channel and subwoofer are the two most important features of a home theaters sound. And three matching speakers upfront for the best front soundstage. Because of height a lot of people can't make that happen but most who don't seem to say they wish they could.

Anything I've ever read on any home theater forum says the center channel and subwoofer are the two most important features of a home theaters sound. Three matching speakers upfront for the best front soundstage. Because of height a lot of people can't make that happen but most who don't seem to say they wish they could.

Hello all I am new here and buidling a home theater.  I know I am going with Klipsch speakers (RP-280f) for the front mains but I cannot decided on which center speaker to buy.  I am trying to decided if I want the RP-250c or the RP-450c.  The speaker dealer suggested I only need the 250 but whenever I see this bundled online they always sell it with the 450c (Crutchfield also recommedned the 450c).  My room is only 12x12 with lower ceilings so I'm not sure if I should listen to my dealer or go bigger.  Please help me by making suggestions and why one is better than the other. 

Thanks for your time.

The dealer might have seen you cringe when you saw the price difference. :)

The 450 is the one you want, as all the people here, Klipsch package and Crutchfield have agreed.

can get black and cherry all day from the right places for less than that.

True - I could have got them at The Speaker Exchange in Tampa for less but there is something special about UPS pulling up to my front door for free. :)

all the places I'm referring too charge no tax and deliver via ups for free as well soooo......