P39 Palladiums no reserve

mustang guy

After many many hours I decided my room is a nightmare , I cant get the sound stage right  and these new Kilpsch speakers are just to big for my room . My joseph perspectives are just the right size for my room but still the room layout is wrong . I have to make a choice if this will be a 2 ch listening room or not . The big problem is reflection points I have a 75" TV that takes up pretty much the whole right side wall . and a couch that takes up the whole left side wall . I also have a fire place that needs to be dealt  with  if I want the sound stage correct . I would have to fill the fire place with foam or something and remove the TV and Couch , this room would just be for 2 ch listening .

The issue is I have no where to use my new Sony XBR 75" TV and I don't want to store it , but I also have a nice chunk of cash in gear here which makes no sense to keep if I cant here it correct . I am at a stand still here

How all this started I was talking to another member and he can pick out all interments and there locations , everything is in the middle when I listen .  

for the amount of money I have invested I'm not happy with the outcome .

post-49590-0-23660000-1461404522_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

<snip>

The ear gets sophisticated pretty fast.

Here is what we suffer

I drove several miles to score some Polk SDA SRS. They were supposed to have that 3D imaging you're talking about. To a point, they do. In the end, I was happier with the the Khorn / Belle arrangement that I already was using. Until I A / B them, I didn't know what I had or was missing. 

• Like 1

<snip>

Here is what we suffer

I drove several miles to score some Polk SDA SRS. They were supposed to have that 3D imaging you're talking about. To a point, they do. In the end, I was happier with the the Khorn / Belle arrangement that I already was using. Until I A / B them, I didn't know what I had or was missing. 

lol thats about it

<snip>

Here is what we suffer

The problem is we all don't have perfect rooms , and I just cant get my self to setup my room for just 2 ch , Maybe if I had a separate room but I don't .

Maybe getting the matching center and sub will help. 

or some Bose 901

People really gave the SDA technology from Polk a fair chance. In the end, we're trying to reproduce 3D using 2D. IMHO, unless the sound engineers, who did the recordings, recorded in stereo for left/right and a time delay and volume (amount) of sound for each instrument for depth, then there would be no front to rear sound difference. 

After many many hours I decided my room is a nightmare , I cant get the sound stage right  and these new Kilpsch speakers are just to big for my room . My joseph perspectives are just the right size for my room but still the room layout is wrong . I have to make a choice if this will be a 2 ch listening room or not . The big problem is reflection points I have a 75" TV that takes up pretty much the whole right side wall . and a couch that takes up the whole left side wall . I also have a fire place that needs to be dealt  with  if I want the sound stage correct . I would have to fill the fire place with foam or something and remove the TV and Couch , this room would just be for 2 ch listening .

The issue is I have no where to use my new Sony XBR 75" TV and I don't want to store it , but I also have a nice chunk of cash in gear here which makes no sense to keep if I cant here it correct . I am at a stand still here

Sounds rough....  :P

Kidding aside I completely understand your frustration. When you have that much money tied up you should expect/desire perfection. 

I'd give it some more time. You said you've spent several hours, but with the amount of money you've spent, they may deserve more time. I doubt you'll be losing any money on them if you decide to sell. Perhaps it is your mind playing tricks on you as you try to focus an extreme amount and are overly tuned to any and all flaws.

Are they fun? Is the music enjoyable? Do they have the tone you're looking for?

In my main listening room, I just fiddled as I enjoyed the music. Took literally an inch more of toe-in and everything fell into place. Speakers disappear and there is just music.

If you have no attachment to them, by all means, place them up on the auction block. Synergy in the system and your emotional reaction to them seem to matter most.

For sale...

• Like 1

People give to much credit to speakers for imaging and sound stage.  Distance to boundaries play a lot with the sound stage and imaging.  Distance to rear wall affects sound stage and distance from side wall affects imaging.  Some room Tx's may help with the sound?

• Like 1

What equipment are you using to drive your speakers? There is a pretty easy fix for a better center image. 

There is a pretty easy fix for a better center image. 

Finish this statement please  :)

The hard thing to come to terms with is that the room is the most important part of the system. For a fraction of your system price Rodney, you could have a room built.

There is a pretty easy fix for a better center image. 

Finish this statement please  :)

The hard thing to come to terms with is that the room is the most important part of the system. For a fraction of your system price Rodney, you could have a room built.

Well, regardless of what he is doing to fix the problem, one speaker is putting out more energy than the other and shifting the image off center. Go into the receiver setup and reduce the decibel output to the dominant side. On my Pioneer Elite receiver you can reduce or increase each speaker by half decibel increments. If the receiver he has can do so as well, adjust until balanced.  It could be only a 1dB difference for whatever reason. 

worth a try.

How all this started I was talking to another member and he can pick out all interments and there locations , everything is in the middle when I listen .  

You can set up a room like that, but you start with the room build itself. The amp plays what the DAC sends to it, the speakers will play what is sent to them, but the room does the rest. If you are going to spend more money, let's start with the room. Show pictures, and take measurements and post them. It could be as simple as some badly placed room treatments, needed treatments, the ceiling height as compared to the room dimensions, speaker placement within the room, or speaker distance from the back walls.

• Like 2

DRAFT AD

P39 Palladiums no reserve.

Can be combined with upgraded VRD's and Magnus if desired.

May be willing to trade for a 1990 Sportster or newer. Will throw in some cash.

Contact AIUC

OR

For Sale - House

I can't  believe you outbid me on these and now you don't like them.  Geeeezzzzzzz

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1