New to the home theatre hobby

Hotshotrob

I have a set of rf-7's, a set of rf-5 I I, rc-3 center, a set of rs-3 I I ,a pair of ksw-12's and a r-115sw. I have a denon avr 2803 which is about 10 yrs old and need help figuring out out what kind of receiver to get to power everything. Keep in mind even though I'm 49 I just started this hobby wich I've fallen in love with

Rob bought my RF 7's and loves the Klipsch sound.  I went by his house and tried to help him set things up but, we ran into problems and could not get into the setup menu.  Rob is looking for something with pre-outs in case he adds an amp down the road.  A good mid level Denon, Marntz, Pioneer or Yamaha would work.

His old avr does not have auto EQ.  A Pioneer would be good since I know how to work them and most likely will go back over and help him get things up and running.  Looking for some good deals on new or  2-3 years old used with HDMI and good connectivity.  Thanks guys! :)

Budget $400-600 range.

Edited by derrickdj1

• Moderators

Hi Hotshot!  Welcome to the forums. 

A lot has changed in surround processing within the past 10 years.  Dolby DTS was great but I think you will find DTS Master, Dolby TrueHD and now the latest Atmos processing a nice step up in sound, not to mention today's receivers have room EQ by using an external microphone to help set everything up.

What is your budget for a receiver?

• Moderators

You have a great set of speakers to work with.  Keep an eye out on your local Craigslist for an RC-7.  It's a HUGE upgrade from the RC-3.  Your RC-3 will struggle to keep up with the RF-7's but that's something you can consider upgrading (if you have the room) down the road.  They can be found for as little as $200, but typically around $350.

• Like 1

Thank you mustang guy for the welcoming , yes Derrick di come by an my price range is probably between 4-600 as he stated, in fortunately all this equip I have just bought within the past couple months and with the new house being bought this past November just don't have a fortune to spend

You have a great set of speakers to work with.  Keep an eye out on your local Craigslist for an RC-7.  It's a HUGE upgrade from the RC-3.  Your RC-3 will struggle to keep up with the RF-7's but that's something you can consider upgrading (if you have the room) down the road.  They can be found for as little as $200, but typically around $350.

I did find a get gentleman out west that has rc-7 he's selling on Craigslist but in the past couple of days he has not replied to my post.

Welcome to the forum, here's a nice deal on an Integra in the garage sale..........

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/162584-integra-dtr-802-av-92-channel-receiver/?hl=integra

Also has a nice pre/pro if you go separates (would need an external amp)

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/46580/integra-dhc-pre-amp-processer

Edit: corrected listings

Edited by Tasdom

• Moderators
my price range is probably between 4-600 as he stated, in fortunately all this equip I have just bought within the past couple months and with the new house being bought this past November just don't have a fortune to spend

I've never spent over $400 for a receiver.  I tend to buy receivers that are a few years old.  I just can't see dropping $1000 on a receiver that will lose 1/2 of it's value in 3 years.

Lots of options in the used market that will save you some money.

Edited by Youthman

• Moderators
He needs a newer avr first. This way he can get up and running. Speakers and amps can be down the road.

I totally agree.  Just want him to keep an eye out for a ridiculous deal on an RC-7 in case it comes along.

• Like 1

I have a set of rf-7's, a set of rf-5 I I, rc-3 center, a set of rs-3 I I ,a pair of ksw-12's and a r-115sw. I have a denon avr 2803 which is about 10 yrs old and need help figuring out out what kind of receiver to get to power everything. Keep in mind even though I'm 49 I just started this hobby wich I've fallen in love with

sent you a pm with a good deal on a "Pioneer Elite" receiver
  • Like 1