In Wall Front for In Ceiling.

Evolvo

The in-ceiling models woofer and tweeter can be tilted to point at the listening position.  The in-wall models are fixed as far as i know.  

The in-ceiling versions would also need a smaller drywall cutout than the in-walls.

I would recommend going with the in-ceiling versions.

The in-ceiling models woofer and tweeter can be tilted to point at the listening position.  The in-wall models are fixed as far as i know.  

The in-ceiling versions would also need a smaller drywall cutout than the in-walls.

I would recommend going with the in-ceiling versions.

They would mount into a drop ceiling in the ceiling tiles. I can get the fronts cheaper by 150 that's why I ask. Would there be any difference other than the ability to point. Becasue I can always angel them. Also I don't care about cutout size. 

Thanks, 

Would there be any difference other than the ability to point.

In regards to this question, I expect that the in-ceiling versions have a different dispersion pattern than the in-wall just based upon the horn profile.  I think you'd want a wider dispersion pattern for the ceiling application.  

I"m not sure still looking around. You have any suggestions for ordering. 

Call Acoustic Sound Design and talk to Mike.  You need to call in order to get their best price.  

Edit: Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with ASD.  

Edited by FuzzyDog

Kind of nitpicky on all these but since you asked:

The baskets on the ceiling speakers have smaller holes so that insulation can't fall through and sit on the back of the cones. Of course with drop tiles that probably doesn't matter.

The coaxial designs would probably have a more predictable off-axis response when you're talking about potentially 360 degrees worth of movement rather than just side to side. If you were to mount an in-wall sideways for example then went side to side from tweeter side to woofer side, you'd probably get a different response due to comb filtering. Coaxes may not do that as much.

Also the in-walls have horns that limit vertical dispersion, but if you put them in the ceiling there's really no such thing. Basically one way will shoot out 40 degrees and the other way will shoot out 60 degrees. The coaxials should be more similar everywhere due to spraying sound around a little more. Having a horn and not angling them may prove to a be a little more beamy than you'd like if sitting right under them.

Kind of nitpicky on all these but since you asked:

The baskets on the ceiling speakers have smaller holes so that insulation can't fall through and sit on the back of the cones. Of course with drop tiles that probably doesn't matter.

The coaxial designs would probably have a more predictable off-axis response when you're talking about potentially 360 degrees worth of movement rather than just side to side. If you were to mount an in-wall sideways for example then went side to side from tweeter side to woofer side, you'd probably get a different response due to comb filtering. Coaxes may not do that as much.

Also the in-walls have horns that limit vertical dispersion, but if you put them in the ceiling there's really no such thing. Basically one way will shoot out 40 degrees and the other way will shoot out 60 degrees. The coaxials should be more similar everywhere due to spraying sound around a little more. Having a horn and not angling them may prove to a be a little more beamy than you'd like if sitting right under them.

That pretty much answered everything. I sit on the long wall so very close to the screen so I need as much dispersion as possible. Thanks,