Zeppelin's back in the news

akdave

I thought this was a good genetal article about the current case and previous case.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/09/led-zeppelin-music-plagiarism-lawsuits-samples-chords-lyrics

Interesting read!  Thanks for sharing, I'll confess I was curious what exactly a genetal article was and whether or not it was safe to read at work.  ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Page stole the progression from Spirit who stole it from Davy Graham who stole it from centuries old guitarists.

The following is Davy Graham who played this in 1959 as part of a BBC special called Guitar Craze. Jimmy Page and Randy California were still eating paste in 1959 . . .

. . .  and that's no bull!

Edited by DizRotus

Clearly they heard the spirit song and copied and modified it. Enough to get away with it.

I love Zep but be honest...clearly from the same time they took it and ran with it. I make no argument they owe for spirit. Just rhat rhey clearly knew what they were doing.

Page stole the progression from Spirit who stole it from Davy Graham who stole it from centuries old guitarists.

The following is Davy Graham who played this in 1959 as part of a BBC special called Guitar Craze. Jimmy Page and Randy California were still eating paste in 1959 . . .

. . .  and that's no bull!

Maybe ole boy should have eaten some of that paste cause he's no Jimmy Page on guitar...