Help please! Need info on these loudspeakers!

Hi all! I am new here so hello to all of you. I hope I have come to the right place. I have never owned Kilpsch speakers but I do have an opportunity to acquire some. I am a musician and I was thrilled to see these. I have been wanting to add these to my home studio/jam space PA system for my band to use. However I just cannot find much info on this particular model. The label is somewhat damaged and hard to read. I do not know much about Klipsch except they are pretty awesome. I have heard these work so I know the sound is there. So if I may ask a few questions:

1) what exactly are these? Is Belle the type?

2) what is a fair price based on what u can see for a pair? (I do know that they work well and the appearance is good with minor scratches etc)

3)what is the PA minimum I should use to power these bad boys in watts?

Thanks so much!

set9o4.jpg

25tkbkk.png

It is certainly a Belle shown in the photographs.

Price depends on condition.  In mint or very good condition they sell for about $1000 each, IMHO. 

There is not much literature that I've seen.  Someplace they are described in a flyer for the LaScala, to which they are related.  I'm hoping someone here will have something more than I have.

Generally the LaScala bass bin is a two-foot cube with the same woofer as the K-Horn.  The Belle bass bin is about 18 deep and wider than an LS.  The LaScala has the same midhorn as the K-Horn (a K-400 or 401).  The midhorn for the Belle is a K-500 which is a bit shorter because the cabinet is not quite as deep.

The Belle uses the same drive components overall, though there have been changes over the years (to all).

You will find schematics for the Belle crossover in the Technical section of the forum.

See attached squib.

WMcD

Belle Squib.pdf

$1500-$2500 is a good range on a set of Belle's depending on condition and location.

they are 36" high x 30" wide x 18" deep so you better have room for them. a good quality amp @120 watts should be ideal.

Edited by Budman

Thanks guys. I really hope I can grab these up. I have plenty of room for them. Also..I play a variety of music. I do, however, play heavy metal a lot. But I love mixing that vintage sound. I'm a big fan of Black Sabbath and all that early hard rock metal and everything between that and modern metal. I'm also very experimental as well. In any case, the vintage sound and pure power these loudspeakers are known to have is something I'd really like to incorporate into my sound. I have all the digital stuff too so I definitely would have options on the recording front. Plus..i imagine listening to vinyl through these would be a religious experience.

Edited by Sirr Frankengerm

Sirr Frankengerm,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are able to acquire these, you will be a proud owner of some very special speakers.  Treat them right, and they will treat you right.  No beverages, potted plants, or heaven forbid cigarettes/cigars, are ever to be placed upon these wonderful speakers. ;)  :D

I hope it works out for you.

Bill

I think I got the answers I was looking for. It's funny..I played through this set of speakers with my guitar a few years back and just knew that I wanted them. I mic'd my Orange cab through them and wow! It was nasty! I was blown away. What I didn't know was just how special they actually are. And better..older than I thought. I will definitely pursue the sale and see what comes of it and certainly report back. Also, I am curious how many of you are musicians using these? Or do you guys just crank records through them? I intend on doing both if I get my hands on them. But I'm curious to know what you all use them for primarily.