Noob needs help. Jumped in with both feet...

Butterman

Youthman-you're a true Rockstar! I get it now. I really, really appreciate the visual. I think I'm getting overload and was a little slow on the uptake.

His is much better, I'm just a roadie... :P

Tasdom-if you don't know then nobody does. Love live shows and appreciate the s$&! Out of roadies

I can still afford a cold pop for you Youthman.

Finally found the direct music listening option on the Denon. Wow! Every time I think I've got them sounding pretty terrific I find a new setting or position of the speakers. I'm a believer!

• Like 1

• Moderators

That will work.  I'm easy to please.  :D

Finally found the direct music listening option on the Denon. Wow! Every time I think I've got them sounding pretty terrific I find a new setting or position of the speakers. I'm a believer!

That's great. Make sure you try toeing them in by angling them towards your listening position.  I typically aim mine to where the tweeters converge just behind my listening position.  Strangely, even very small adjustments in angles can make a huge difference in the sound stage.

That will work.  I'm easy to please.  :D

That's great. Make sure you try toeing them in by angling them towards your listening position.  I typically aim mine to where the tweeters converge just behind my listening position.  Strangely, even very small adjustments in angles can make a huge difference in the sound stage.

Followed your positioning advice. I've got my sweet spot dialed in! Amazing how they sound changes just by leaning in a little bit.

• Moderators
Followed your positioning advice. I've got my sweet spot dialed in! Amazing how they sound changes just by leaning in a little bit.

Fantastic!  When I'm adjusting my speakers, I will sit in my primary listening position and lean my body forward a bit.  If it sounds better when I lean forward, my speakers need to be toed out a tad bit more.