AVR needed for my Jubes

Cantilope

I am running Jubilees in my home theater with a K402 serving as the center and a set of Belles as surrounds.  I need an HDMI compatible AVR that I can use as my pre-amp/processor.  I am looking for something less than $1000.  I will not use any of the amps inside the unit, just the processing as I use (4) First Watt Amps.  SQ is of the utmost importance and I would prefer something with Balanced connections but that is not a deal killer.

I want to play DSDs and have room correction as well...  and be compatible with Apple.  Any thoughts?  I have thought about purchasing a OPPO to do all of this, but am not sure that is the best option, and I never use disks anymore.

I'd be fine with used or refurbished or last years model.  Thanks in advance.

I would go with the Oppo even if you are not using the CD, if the HDMI source on it are enough for you (if not you can use a HDMI switcher hooked up to it. Now if you want Atmos or DTS-X you would need to look at a AVR or AVP.

I don't know a lot about AVR's but about the best system I have heard used a Denon, but this is a very complicated system running 9 modified spectron amps with only 4 speakers and a sub, and a pair of dolby lake processors, wild transformers for power and lots of room treatments . Per an esteemed, member it made his Khorns sound tiny, and he was right....

This is a really good deal on a very nice pre/pro. Audyssey XT32, balanced connections and DSD capable. Also qualifies for Integra / Onkyo warranty thru 2018 (not limited to original owner)

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/46580/integra-dhc-pre-amp-processer

(he's also a member on this forum)

This fits most of my bill of requirements.  I have also looked at that Marantz too.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with the Oppo even if you are not using the CD, if the HDMI source on it are enough for you (if not you can use a HDMI switcher hooked up to it. Now if you want Atmos or DTS-X you would need to look at a AVR or AVP.

Went with the Oppo 105D.  Excellent unit and I am very happy with it.  Everything I have read is true, it plays everything I threw at it, including DSD over DLNA and has excellent video.  It even plays my ripped Blue-Rays from the network, which my PS3, Xbox one, or Panny TV can not.

Went with the Oppo 105D. Excellent unit and I am very happy with it. Everything I have read is true, it plays everything I threw at it, including DSD over DLNA and has excellent video. It even plays my ripped Blue-Rays from the network, which my PS3, Xbox one, or Panny TV can not

Great choice imo, I love mine!