and yet ANOTHER set of La Scala in the queue

Matthews

Very NICE!
Very, Very, Nice Matt!!!!! Next time you find something to refurbish let me know. I could use a nice looking set in my family room. Mark

Thanks guys :D

Mark, I am hoping it is at least a couple of months before I find another pair.  It really takes it out of me.  The OCD just makes me GO GO GO until they are done.   However, I still look everyday :wacko:

Rock on !!!

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Ditto, that was my first set of Klipsch also, I had heard them at a dealer and thought they sounded great for a little book shelf, but wouldn't spend the money and started searching and at the time, picked up a new set for $300 and thought I scored the deal of a lifetime.  Little did I know that those 61's would end up costing over 10,000. 

I would love to find a set of La Scala's for the same kind of money, but those things don't come around in my area.  Looking great!

They come up in my area all the time, but before I can say "that looks like a fun project" Matt has them in his car!

• Like 1

They come up in my area all the time, but before I can say "that looks like a fun project" Matt has them in his car!

You gotta be quick Sir Mookie :P

...I have lost count

6 pairs now???

The latest two...

post-36834-0-73960000-1462043486_thumb.j

Hey, it helps keep this Old Man outta trouble :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

You sir are a glutton... Looks like an easier refurb.

Indeed :emotion-21:   -  Since the dog houses will have a grill on each side, no need to get back there in those corners to make em' shinny.  Much easier!!!  However, fabing up 6 cane grill frames is brutal on the fingertips.  Just have to keep thinking of how good they are going to look :blink2:

Need some pointers on gloss black paint.  I prefer to brush on for a nice luxurious finish.  Gloss lacquer or enamel?  Spray or brush?  Also there are little tiny holes all the way around the entire perimeter.  Will need to fill those.  I have some filler but it seems awfully rough and course for such small holes.   It is difficult to apply to such small spots.  Any input much appreciated...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Ask Cecca how he gets the piano black, if you can produce that finish it will be sic. BTW, how many pigeons do you plan on shooting in Misery? ;) ;) ;)

Mark

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, are you running a 6.0 LaScala HT? And I think it's about time you step up your game to the Khorns, maybe sell these little ones off?

Funny, if you saw the size of my house?  Strictly 2-channel, no matter how big of house I have.  Just no interest in HT...

I believe these "little ones" are already spoken for.  We are calling them the "Black Betty's" :)   - no interest in Khorns either, perhaps it's just me I guess.  Pure Scala Man :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, are you running a 6.0 LaScala HT? And I think it's about time you step up your game to the Khorns, maybe sell these little ones off?

Funny, if you saw the size of my house? Strictly 2-channel, no matter how big of house I have. Just no interest in HT...

I believe these "little ones" are already spoken for. We are calling them the "Black Betty's" :) - no interest in Khorns either, perhaps it's just me I guess. Pure Scala Man :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Same here....two-channel only baby.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1