Happy new owner of a BEAUTIFUL pair of La Scala's!

AaronB123

Congrats, I kind of like the molding that was added. That video is from Quiet_Hollow and was very helpful when I did that with my Belles (Thanks Tom)

(RTV = Room Temperature Vulcanized Silicone)

Here's a bigger picture :)

IMG_4312.JPG

• Like 1

I absolutely love the trim! When I saw those in real life my jaw literally dropped! I couldn't believe what I had found! These things have literally not a scratch on them. Everyone that told me to wait and be patient in my search, I thank you! I was tempted several times to rush and buy a pair that had absolutely nothing on these. 

As many of you may know, I was on the hunt for a pair of La Scala's for quite some time now and last night I found the perfect pair! I picked them up today, met the guy he was a die hard Klipsch fan, a really great guy that took absolutely amazing care of the speakers as you will be able to tell from the pictures. 

I couldn't be happier and I wanted to share with everyone here. They were manufactured in 91 

I didn't know

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me based on the serial number when these were manufactured. It's 87513 the guy told me 91 but unless I'm missing something it looks like 87. Am I correct?

Looks like you're missing a couple of digits from the serial number? Post a picture of the serial number tags to be sure, but it's probably 1987. Here's the tag from my 1988 pair for comparison.

post-12390-0-58100000-1461222089_thumb.j

Another thing to check are the screws holding the horn to the front motor board do the tweeter horns while your in there.. If you do not like that trim you can remove it and get veneer edging which can be ironed on easy. Also loosen and retighten all connections on crossover. On one set of my Klipsch I replaced that rubber washer with a O-Ring which I think works better you have to put a bit of Vaseline on O-Ring to keep it from binding up. If you fix the midrange like video I would do both drivers.

Is there a finish on them or are they raw wood? They look great good find.

• Like 1

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me based on the serial number when these were manufactured. It's 87513 the guy told me 91 but unless I'm missing something it looks like 87. Am I correct?

Looks like you're missing a couple of digits from the serial number? Post a picture of the serial number tags to be sure, but it's probably 1987. Here's the tag from my 1988 pair for comparison.

I did read that they didn't add the AL-3 network into 1989 and I do have those crossover networks so I'm thinking they've gotta be at least 89

post-62430-0-99420000-1461242335_thumb.j

Another thing to check are the screws holding the horn to the front motor board do the tweeter horns while your in there.. If you do not like that trim you can remove it and get veneer edging which can be ironed on easy. Also loosen and retighten all connections on crossover. On one set of my Klipsch I replaced that rubber washer with a O-Ring which I think works better you have to put a bit of Vaseline on O-Ring to keep it from binding up. If you fix the midrange like video I would do both drivers.

Is there a finish on them or are they raw wood? They look great good find.

He says when he bought them they were raw birch wood which it does indicate on the tag but he refinished them and they are absolutely gorgeous. Honestly not so much as a ring stain or nick anywhere on them! Says he barely ever used them either, in the time he owned them probably played them 10 times. I guess his wife hated them and wanted them out! I don't know how anyone can hate these, honestly there works of art! 

• Like 1

I think those grills come off unlike my 1980 when they used screen door trim. I took that off mine when I veneered them and used base shoe molding and new grills from klipsch. It always kinda made me mad right after I got mine they changed that grill.

I think those grills come off unlike my 1980 when they used screen door trim. I took that off mine when I veneered them and used base shoe molding and new grills from klipsch. It always kinda made me mad right after I got mine they changed that grill.

Yes the grills do come off lol that was the first thing I asked the guy when I bought them. These horns make the horns on my Chorus look like babies! When I saw pictures of the La Scala's I always wondered if you could take the grills off. 

Other than the trim on the front edges, those looks the same as my '89s. Well, I don't have them anymore, but mine were walnut lacquer. LS are soooo nice!

Those are really nice looking. Listen to them for a few weeks/months, before you start changing anything on them.

Bruce

• Like 2