Adventure time and my new thumper

mustang guy

now you guys are talking my language, dirt bikes yea man, I wish I had a pic of mine, I never sell one just keep adding to the collection, check this list and you'll see where I get my handle...RM 465   RM 500   IT 490   KX 500 x 2 ( one still in crate ) in 2004 when I learned it was the last year for the mighty KX 500, the most insane thing you've ever thrown a leg over, I bought two. I'll be blowin by those thumpers for years to come...Roost

• Like 4

now you guys are talking my language, dirt bikes yea man, I wish I had a pic of mine, I never sell one just keep adding to the collection, check this list and you'll see where I get my handle...RM 465   RM 500   IT 490   KX 500 x 2 ( one still in crate ) in 2004 when I learned it was the last year for the mighty KX 500, the most insane thing you've ever thrown a leg over, I bought two. I'll be blowin by those thumpers for years to come...Roost

YOU HAVE ONE IN A CRATE!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO POST SOME PICS!!! The KX 500 is an evil machine, rode a big bore 2 stroke for the first time, on a small sand single track I was use to, hit a jump and ended up in the trees. Almost bought a service Honda kx 500, I am glad I didn't, bought a yz 250 which I love.. If anyone wants to see the power of a Kx 500 check out Jawbone Canyon Kx500 passes yz125 on youtube. Insane power.....

Edited by juniper

It's like riding a chainsaw with wheels :D

Only better.

The power band is amazing.

Had a couple YZ & KX series, they both would flip you on your back with a slight twist of the throttle.

Even my little YZ 80 starter bike scared the crap out of me a few times

• Like 1

YOU HAVE ONE IN A CRATE!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO POST SOME PICS!!! The KX 500 is an evil machine, rode a big bore 2 stroke for the first time, on a small sand single track I was use to, hit a jump and ended up in the trees. Almost bought a service Honda kx 500, I am glad I didn't, bought a yz 250 which I love.. If anyone wants to see the power of a Kx 500 check out Jawbone Canyon Kx500 passes yz125 on youtube. Insane power.....

juniper, yes sir, actually I uncrated it a year or so ago and its sitting in a friend's game room on a stand as a conversation piece, you should have seen us getting that bike up the stairs, guys go up and play pool, drink beer and stare at the KX. You would be surprised at how many never even knew they existed, dirt bike guys like you know though. There is nothing in the world like running a 2T 500 though the gears, nothing, hittin 4th and carrying the front tire 50/60 yards is an itch that a 4 stroke just cant scratch. The power delivery is violent and insane but if you can harness it well, you'll throw so much dirt on those 450 thumpers they will start crying

in 2004 when I learned it was the last year for the mighty KX 500, the most insane thing you've ever thrown a leg over, I bought two. I'll be blowin by those thumpers for years to come...Roost

Yeah, you'll be blowing by those 4-strokes...until you come to a turn!  :lol:   Then you'll wish you had a KTM.  :D

Edited by wvu80

in 2004 when I learned it was the last year for the mighty KX 500, the most insane thing you've ever thrown a leg over, I bought two. I'll be blowin by those thumpers for years to come...Roost

Yeah, you'll be blowing by those 4-strokes...until you come to a turn!  :lol:   Then you'll wish you had a KTM.  :D

your pretty much right there lol, that 500 don't like to turn unless its a sweeper. Have a good buddy with a KTM 525, we flip flop some, if you had to force me on a thumper that'd be the one, I give him the corners then blow by him on the straights. A lot of guys here in Texas take a 500 and put a flywheel weight on em and make woods bikes, light with tons of power, I think my 5 weights 238, great power-to-weight ratio

your pretty much right there lol, that 500 don't like to turn unless its a sweeper. Have a good buddy with a KTM 525, we flip flop some, if you had to force me on a thumper that'd be the one, I give him the corners then blow by him on the straights. A lot of guys here in Texas take a 500 and put a flywheel weight on em and make woods bikes, light with tons of power, I think my 5 weights 238, great power-to-weight ratio

Did you ever do any adventure riding? Texas has to be a great place for it. 

mustang, I went on a deal called Mexico Motorcycles Adventures years ago when it was safe, we rode all through Mexico for 10 days on XR250's, rarely got on  pavement, stopping in little towns along the way to have cold ones and eat. We had a blast, shame its so violent over there now cuz it is a beautiful country, like going back 100 years in time. I have never really owned a dual sport bike but am leaning heavy towards the Beta 500 RS, read nothing but good stuff about em and the 500 shouldn't be too big a drop off of what I'm used to, you got a dual sport ?

I have an adventure bike (bmw r1200gs lc) and an enduro (ktm 350xcf w). I suppose if they had a baby it would be your perfect DS.  :)  The bmw is heavy and intimidating, but once you learn a few tricks, it isn't too bad. 

Of the 2 actual DS bikes I owned, one I turned into a supermotard (suz drz 400s), and the other (husky te 510) I stripped all the street off of and made into an enduro. 

I have an adventure bike (bmw r1200gs lc) and an enduro (ktm 350xcf w). I suppose if they had a baby it would be your perfect DS.   :)  The bmw is heavy and intimidating, but once you learn a few tricks, it isn't too bad. 

Of the 2 actual DS bikes I owned, one I turned into a supermotard (suz drz 400s), and the other (husky te 510) I stripped all the street off of and made into an enduro. 

I had a bud who had one of those Husky 510's a long time ago, kickstart was on the wrong side but once you got it started it was way fast on top, 6 speed was rare back then, i bet it would run 100mph

Mine didn't even have a kicker. Electric only! I never had to bump start it, but if that thing would ever have died at the bottom of the hill, I would have been SOL. It might go 100. I would never do it on that bike. I've had the bwm well over that though.