zebra wood jubilee clones for sale

ssctrojan1980

I had three versions of my twin 15" corner snail horn.  So yes there were two later revisions of that horn.   I started posting the Dims of the VER3 and never finished.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158272-jcs-30-deep-dual-woofer-corner-snail/?hl=snail

There was only one version of the Jube-like from 2006.  I never drew up more than one.  I drew up a 15" version I think.  never built it....very wide.....like 48" 

Damn! If I ever build anything, I hope I get 1/2 the publicity that this discussion has generated.

This is to speaker sales, what Donald Trump is to free news publicity.

Somebody selling something?

JC should get a commission.

Uh....

there are some other horns out there that were my creation......You would be surprised.

I don't want commission.  Its all in fun.  I have no rights to anything......I may have to hire a lawyer.  You know of one? :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

Damn! If I ever build anything, I hope I get 1/2 the publicity that this discussion has generated.

This is to speaker sales, what Donald Trump is to free news publicity.

Somebody selling something?

JC should get a commission.

Uh....

there are some other horns out there that were my creation......You would be surprised.

I don't want commission. Its all in fun. I have no rights to anything......I may have to hire a lawyer. You know of one? :P

Yes, I want to work on the Cullison Clamp.

• Like 1

If you built a car that looked like a Chevy Impala and you labelled it as an Impala with intent to sell, Chevrolet might take exception to that.

Therefore, I'm editing the thread title to include the word "clone".

I guess since you are a big "administrator" you are allowed to amend threads.  However you would be WRONG AND IGNORANT on how trademark infringement, patents, trademark registration works.  And NO: General Motors Corporation couldn't do a thing about calling a car an Impala.  Call it corvette and you have a problem.

As long as they are not represented as built by "Klipsch," isn't doesn't matter what I call them. The description clearly states that i built them.

Bullshit

That is a trademarked name.

I think you are getting close to being schooled.

In your first build thread Roy pointed out he saw a mistake in your build.

But best of look with your facsimiles.

Might want to do your homework because its not a trademarked name. 

i guess email me the tradermark registration or patent number on the word "jubilee"

serial number 75073383

It seems that they didn't keep up with the filings for the continued use claims, but it at least was there.  

It was at one point you are correct. 

• Administrators

Insults aside, here's what our internal legal counsel has said about this:

Our registration on Jubilee lapsed many years ago, but we can still claim exclusive use. 

More to come on this subject, as I've been getting more verification on it.

Signed, your lovable ignorant forum admin.

• Like 1

• Administrators

More info from our corporate legal counsel:

Trademark rights in the U.S. are based on actual use in commerce.  Registration is not a requirement, there are just certain benefits that are provided to you if it is registered.  Once a company intentionally decides to no longer use a mark in commerce in connection with a particular product anymore, the mark falls back into the public domain.

Since we still use the name for our KPT-Jubilee™ 535/B, this means the mark is not in the public domain and that's why we can still claim exclusivity on it.

Am I still ignorant on this subject, or does this finally qualify me as the opposite?

• Like 4