Anybody have "Full grill frame" La scalas?

jwc

Anybody own or have good pictures of la scalas with a full grill frame and cloth?  You know where the entire front of the la scala is covered.

Was this always done by the end user or did Klipsch ever make them that way.

thx

jc

The black pair I used to have had "top grills", from the factory.  But the bass cabinet was open.  They just had some quarter round type trim around them and the standard Klipsch grills of the type you see on heresys for example.  However, they were just top grills and the bass cabinets were open like any other lascalas.

The thread below has photos. Andy, aka HDBRbuilder, at post #16, offers an opinion as to whether factory or not. The seller said her father ordered them that way when purchased new.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157317-1976-la-scala-speakers/

One of the photos from the thread is attached.

post-6832-0-96660000-1460997286.jpg

Edited by DizRotus

Unlike the cornwall grill that sits recessed w/in, these LS frames with grill sit "out front" to which you actually see the boarder of the grill frame.

Different than I thought.

Is there an LS example where the grill frame is recessed?

Mustang Guy made a set that covers the entire front of his La Scalas.  They were very clean looking and the grill material was aligned perfectly.  You might contact him for some tips on making a set.

For the Mancave I like naked drivers.  For the living room I like the grill covers.

Unlike the cornwall grill that sits recessed w/in, these LS frames with grill sit "out front" to which you actually see the boarder of the grill frame.

Different than I thought.

Is there an LS example where the grill frame is recessed?

I don't believe so.  See HDBRbuilder's comments in the thread linked above.  The full grills were attached with screen molding and brads.  Recessing them would be extremely labor intensive.

I agree with Bruce about seeing the roof of the doghouse.  Much more visual interest,    If grills are needed to keep out critters, a sheer fabric with LED lighting inside the bass horn would be interesting.