Question regarding new forum signature policy

For the record in regards to mine which I have removed, I had explicit permission from an admin prior to including mine, based on the fact that Panacea Engineering has been doing the same thing on an even broader level, for the past four years, with full support of apparently all the admins as well as corporate, and a few other members seemingly going well beyond that timeline. I'm more than happy to follow whatever rules there are, just make them universal, and complain about them universally.

Since we're going here though, maybe consider a cap on the number of lines you can have in your signature. Links or not, I don't really see the point in having to scroll through a 20 line signature over and over. And over. There's several of them. Nobody cares.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

• Administrators
Since we're going here though, maybe consider a cap on the number of lines you can have in your signature. Links or not, I don't really see the point in having to scroll through a 20 line signature over and over. And over.

That's definitely on the table too. I agree. It's currently set at 25 lines but some folks had theirs grandfathered in and they are loooong.

• Like 1

Or have they all been arrested?

We can't even crack the top 20 like your guys unfortunately did.  Isn't there a whole glass house, rock thing somewhere here??

Carl, read....NFL.....not NCAA.  Most of those Michigan boys were busted for trespassing while hunting for morel mushrooms.....or, something like that.  

• Moderators

"contact methods" under your profile allows for the addition of a web url, so just add it there Lars. this isn't that big of a deal.

Would like clarification from Chad on this.

Addressing "loopholes" as I type this.

I've not been on here for a few weeks and seem to have missed some wild happenings!  In anticipation of an extremely busy amp restoration and build season starting in the fall, I'm in the process of moving the shop to more spacious quarters (and, no, I'm not in business).  So, if I understand the gist of this topic, forum participants who are in business can no longer put their commercial URL in the signature line of their posts or try to induce forum members to purchase their products (and it's common knowledge that commercial forum participants have often, very sneakily in my opinion, slipped in pricing of their products as well as cost of options, and so on).  I think that's a terrific idea!  Why should Klipsch support free advertising for commercial vendors even if their products are compatible with Klipsch speakers?  I remember when Ken, owner of Analog Engineering Associates, was run off of the forum by those who accused him of trolling for business (and one of the guys who was very outspoken is the owner of a competing business).  And, that was in spite of his making some very valuable contributions to the new tubes section.  So, why is everyone so upset and trying to find loopholes to get around this policy change?  Maybe I'm getting too old to know what's really going on here, so can someone explain it to me?

Maynard  

• Like 2

• Moderators

I've not been on here for a few weeks and seem to have missed some wild happenings!  In anticipation of an extremely busy amp restoration and build season starting in the fall, I'm in the process of moving the shop to more spacious quarters (and, no, I'm not in business).  So, if I understand the gist of this topic, forum participants who are in business can no longer put their commercial URL in the signature line of their posts or try to induce forum members to purchase their products (and it's common knowledge that commercial forum participants have often, very sneakily in my opinion, slipped in pricing of their products as well as cost of options, and so on).  I think that's a terrific idea!  Why should Klipsch support free advertising for commercial vendors even if their products are compatible with Klipsch speakers?  I remember when Ken, owner of Analog Engineering Associates, was run off of the forum by those who accused him of trolling for business (and one of the guys who was very outspoken is the owner of a competing business).  And, that was in spite of his making some very valuable contributions to the new tubes section.  So, why is everyone so upset and trying to find loopholes to get around this policy change?  Maybe I'm getting too old to know what's really going on here, so can someone explain it to me?

Maynard

Because some people just can't follow the rules.

A) I did not know you were allowed to complain

B.) I did not know anyone would read them or care if I did send a complaint

C) I have a lot of catching up to do, I've been here just over a year and have not complained yet.

D) How many do we get?

E) You moderators have to get tired of this cr*p!

F) Can I say cr*p here?

Edited by MookieStl
  • Like 3