Question regarding new forum signature policy

Some folks are pretty obvious, like the Xover modders/ makers, some amp builders,horn builders, etc.

We all know who they are ..... But some may be on the periphery we DON'T know of.

Other more obscure stuff like veneerers one has showed up recently that appers highly skilled)  but ONLY through readings like all new posts everyday.

And like for example, we have one, maybe two golks that can do perforated metal grills here.

Good luck getting those contacts without ALOT of searching and sifting.          Lars

If you have a problem PM a moderator, PM Chad, but before you jump over our heads to Chad's boss or higher, give us a reasonable amount of time to address the issues.

Disclaimer:  I don't even know what the heck the problem is here, or who emailed who, or why.  I am not for or against anybody, but I do tend to view problems analytically, and not personally.  I am using the quote ^^^ from Christy's post as a jumping off point, this has nothing to do with her.

That being said, the forum has some problems right now, but they are easily solved.  That does NOT mean everybody gets their way.

I believe in a chain of command.  If you are a private, you do not get to complain to the general about your problems.  You take it to your Sergent who may upgrade it to his Captain, etc.  As posters, follow the chain of command.

But this is the real problem:  I don't know who Chad's boss is, but he is completely cutting off Chad's ability to handle such problems by not enforcing the chain of command.  Chad is a smart guy, and very straight forward, I am confident he can handle this.  Once Chad's boss gets an email with a lower level complaint (not un-important, just lower on the chain of command) he MUST respond with something like:

"Thank you for your email.  We here at Klipsch value your contribution to the board and we appreciate your participation.  I have forwarded your concerns TO THE FORUM WEBMASTER FOR RESOLUTION."  (caps for emphasis mine)"

If he doesn't, a small problem becomes a big problem and can escalate, because the complainer has just been taught he can jump over anybody's head until he gets what he wants. 

+++

This is my humble opinion.  There is no offense intended towards any of the people personally involved in this.

Edited by wvu80

Biggest thing that sucks about forums is people's ego. Usually most everything along these lines can be traced back to somebody's precious ego getting bruised. Not sure why people don't know how to debate, compete, or even innocently socialize, like gentlemen. No, everybody has to go ballistic and bust an artery. The good thing is that such things are fairly minimal here, comparatively speaking. It gets significantly worse elsewhere.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Biggest thing that sucks about forums is people's ego. Usually most everything along these lines can be traced back to somebody's precious ego getting bruised. Not sure why people don't know how to debate, compete, or even innocently socialize, like gentlemen. No, everybody has to go ballistic and bust an artery. The good thing is that such things are fairly minimal here, comparatively speaking. It gets significantly worse elsewhere.

We try really hard to keep it this way!

• Administrators

Can we put this to rest now?  Hard to believe this "discussion" has now traversed over 100 posts.

So is the OP officially requesting a lock?

"Don't mind if I do!" - Homer Simpson

(locked)

• Like 1