Klipsch R-115SW subwoofer humming

Tobias

You mentioned you had a hum before with the RCA unhooked correct ?

If so was the sub plugged into a different power outlet ?

Both subs on the same power outlet, I just tried with a longer cable in another outlet, and the same hum noise.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:35 PM babadono, on 22 Apr 2016 - 2:27 PM, said: got any dummys? I don't know what is that.

It is an RCA plug with the center contact shorted to the shield(or through a low resistance). If you plug this into the input and the sub still hums the sub is bad.

Something is either wrong with the electrical system in your home (ground) or something hooked up in the electrical system is causing the hum.

There should be no noise with the sub RCA unplugged.

I doubt you could run both subs and your audio system through one outlet but you could try it, you may throw the breaker if you draw too much current.

Sounds like you may still have an easy to fix ground loop issue through the stereo system though.

If you like you can leave your subwoofers hooked up like they are and go through the entire house and unplug things one by one and see when the noise subsides.

Whatever you would like to do next is fine.

Edited by jason str

Any updates ?

Hi!

I put some music and wait til the hum come, then, I disconnect EVERYTHING except the sub = NOISE.

Then disconnect the RCA = no noise... maybe the Y splitter? I think no, because I made some test with a different cable, a Monster 1000, without the splitter and the noise was there.

Thanks jason!

I have never had the need for one.

If buying from Amazon pick one that is popular with a good owner satisfaction would be my recommendation.

Let us know how you like your new subwoofers after everything is completed.

I connected 1 sub without the Y splitter, same noise.

A friend is travelling to USA, is there a subwoofer cable that solve this problem? 

Edited by Tobias

Just want to be sure here.

Did you unplug the subwoofer input RCA and still had noise ?

Yes, no rca cable = no noise.

RCA cable = noise

RCA cable + avr power on = more noise

Yesterday I watch some movie, in some scenes, the noise was heard.

I'm reading some subwoofer cable's reviews in Amazon, they talk about the "shielded" and "gauge"... maybe I also try replacing the cables.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...