What AVR racks and center channel stands is everyone using?

toomnymods

I'm trying to find a nice Audio/video equipment rack where I can set up everything, that has optimum air circulation, wire management capabilities, and big enough on top to hold my RP-450CA and preferably be black to match all of my black audio equipment and klipsch gear. can some of you guys point me in the right direction and take some pics of your setups?

• Moderators

I know this isn't quite what you are looking for but I'm having a custom rack / cabinet built to accommodate my equipment. 

The middle section of the cabinet contains drawer slides that are 20" full extension and rated at 500lbs. This will allow me to pull the bottom front cabinets forward to get access behind the audio gear.  And if I ever go back to using a power amp, the drawer slides are strong enough to support the weight.

custom-cabinet-60.JPG

custom-cabinet-61.JPG

It has no top, grill mesh for the front doors and space behind the rack so there will be plenty of ventilation to dissipate heat.

custom-cabinet-94.jpg

There is a space in the bottom back of the cabinet for cable management

custom-cabinet-54.JPG

The upside to a custom rack / cabinet is you get exactly what you want and you will have a unique unit.

The downside is it is much more expensive to build and if your builder happens to have 3 strokes in the middle of the project, it may take you over 1.5yrs to complete the build.  :D  FYI, my builder is my best friend.  :emotion-21:

I bought one of these before Christmas. Solid as a rock. It's welded so ships truck freight. I can't remember now what the original quote for freight was. I vasilated, revisiting the site over the course of a few days, comparing brands, etc. Then one day it popped up a offer to ship for $60 so I went for it.

I've heard others relate experiences of getting offered better deals after multiple visits. So, there is an upside to all the tracking.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/752920-REG/Peerless_Industries_AVL_AVL_A_V_Component_Rack.html