Upgraded VRDS Sale SOLD

A1UC

A Juicy music preamp like a Merlin, Peach, and Blueberry are an excellent (but not the only) recommendation.  These comments usually show up from forum members having direct experience with these combinations.  These Preamps and VRDs have been matched together for over 10 years and are stellar, and there are many of us who know this from experience.

The NBS, would more than likely be the best choice.  Why?  VRDs and NBS were both built buy Nosvalves and custom designed to work together.  The NBS was built from the framework of the Merlin.

So this is why you see these type of recommendations.  Some folks have been around this place awhile and actually know this stuff from having firsthand experience with it.   :)

Just because I have only 700 posts does not mean I haven't been around this place as much as that number might show. Owned LaScallas since 1976, new from factory, and every other Heritage model, some more than once. Owned VRD's, twice; owned JM BB, Peach and Merlin which to me was best of the bunch. So I will refer to my original statement - Really?

I have owned both the updated BB and the NBS. They both worked well with my VRD's. If you buy a BB, send it to Mark to have the RCA's moved off the board. It is not very expensive and will save you from the almost certian fate of tearng one or more off.

The OP just paid a pretty penny for some VRDs and is new on the forum.  I was just trying to explain why the JMA and Nosvalves equipment came so highly recommended.

It sounds like you have something to say..............but aren't saying it.

What would you recommend to the OP to match with his new VRDs?

Craig and I talked for some time. He said either the JMA BB extreme or the NBS will sound very good.  It impressed me that he did not push his product ( so to speak).   Eth2, how did the two compare?  What speakers did you use ?

I did find a Juicy BB extreme  ( stock) and it is on the way. I am flat broke at this time...  but its all good. At 63 everyday is borrowed anyway and you can not take it with you!

Edited by 2Bmusic

Craig and I talked for some time. He said either the JMA BB extreme or the NBS will sound very good. It impressed me that he did not push his product ( so to speak). Eth2, how did the two compare? What speakers did you use ?

Craig's not building the NBS at this time so it's hard to push

any suggestions for paying other than paypal?   Unless I use my checking account ( as opposed to debit card) it cost 2.9%  I just can not afford that right now. The piggy bank is empty.  Cashier check takes 5 to 10 business days to clear. I wish Trump was my friend. I know he would float me a loan for 30 days!   LOL

You're 63?  Well just get a boom box....your old ears won't know the difference :D   By the way I'm 67 :mellow:

get a boom box?  I guess you want my Khorns and other equipment too?

But after this splurge of money and effort, If I can realize a worthwhile distance, I have a nice boom box picked out!

Edited by 2Bmusic

Except you eth , your input matters

In that event A1UC, you screwed up by not accepting my generous offers for the Magnus! JMHO

But that is just my input.

And keep in mind that eth2 was listening to Bose 901s when he joined the forum :unsure:

• Like 1

Except you eth , your input matters

In that event A1UC, you screwed up by not accepting my generous offers for the Magnus! JMHO

But that is just my input.

And keep in mind that eth2 was listening to Bose 901s when he joined the forum :unsure:

Yas, it is true. BTW, how are they sounding at your place now?

• Like 1