looking for a used hand crank wheat grass juicer...

moray james

I would order 2 shots

What does the typical shot of wheat grass cost at a bar?

Usually between 250 and 350 depending where you are at.

so ole Roost took juniper up on his advise and did 2 shots of wheat grass at the local juice bar, taste ? well it taste like liquid grass I guess, not to bad, but not to good either lol, cost...2 shots cost me 6.50 so not bad. Effect, I had to run home and go to the bathroom, luckily I was only a mile from the house, after that I could feel it FOR SURE, it gave me more energy. The bar had a pamphlet on wheat grass so I read it while I sat, I noticed while I sat for around 30 minutes several people came in and did a shot, this stuff has so many benefits I cant type them all, but I think I will get on the wheat grass wagon for awhile, it sure cant hurt anything...Roost

I think I can swing 3 bucks but thanks.  My thought was that to have any benefit, you need to do it daily and I don't see myself running over to a juice bar every day.  If I have it at home I'm more likely to use it daily and if I only get 90% of the benefit but use it daily, I figured it would be better than 100% benefit using it occasionally.

If you were doing your reading at the juice bar, I don't think you're getting unbiased information ;)

Good for Roost!!! The good thing is its really easy to grow if you want to save some money. Its one of the rare health foods that can be addictive. When you work up to it try 4 shots, sometimes it will make you feel euphoric and shaky with tons of energy. One other thing I have noticed is if I am coming down with something I will go have some and it seems to knock it right out. May be in my head but it has helped a hand full of times.

I would order 2 shots

What does the typical shot of wheat grass cost at a bar?

Usually between 250 and 350 depending where you are at.

so ole Roost took juniper up on his advise and did 2 shots of wheat grass at the local juice bar, taste ? well it taste like liquid grass I guess, not to bad, but not to good either lol, cost...2 shots cost me 6.50 so not bad. Effect, I had to run home and go to the bathroom, luckily I was only a mile from the house, after that I could feel it FOR SURE, it gave me more energy. The bar had a pamphlet on wheat grass so I read it while I sat, I noticed while I sat for around 30 minutes several people came in and did a shot, this stuff has so many benefits I cant type them all, but I think I will get on the wheat grass wagon for awhile, it sure cant hurt anything...Roost

Note to self, be near a toilet.

I get the same feeling from dairy products and try to avoid them when I'm out.

It's easy to understand that some grass just isn't good to eat or smoke, but what nutritional value is lost or gained by only drinking the juice of kale or spinach or...?   I usually throw in the whole leaf in my shakes. 

It's all about the quantity of the nutrients that you can consume at one time. Juicing bumps the density level of what you eat way up. I personally need to consume lots of fiber both soluble and non since I am one of those lucky people who's body makes a lot of cholesterol. All part of my heart disease. I do not want to be on Staten drugs so I have to find alternate ways to keep my Cholesterol numbers down. Eating lots of fiber helps manage cholesterol.

For me I am not so much looking to consume mega doses of veggies using a juicer rather I have simply never been big on eating veggies and this seems like a way that could actually get them into my system more easily. Since the byproduct of juicing is lots of fiber that also works for me, I can find ways to includ the left over pulp into my diet. You can bulk up soups and other things by adding the used pulp fiber from juicing. I am hoping that the juicing will help kick start my system to work more like the way it did when I was younger and to help to undo some of the damage that has been self inflicted. 

Edited by moray james

I expect that juicing may also lead to an improvement in one's gut bacteria health and balance. I don't know this for sure but it would seem reasonable to expect. The other think I have been doing is consuming regular Coca nibs every day. I make a cup of coco once or twice a day with two teaspoons of coco nibs ground fine in my coffee grinder I also as a couple of rounded teaspoons of regular coco powder to round out the flavor and add a few more anti oxidants (made with hot water). Cocoa nibs are simply dried non processed cocoa seeds (what chocolate is made from) and they are the most potent antioxidant rich food there is nothing else even comes close. Aside from being the most powerful antioxidant food you can eat it is extremely good for your vascular condition and health. I an hoping this with some regular juicing will be a real positive system kick start to better days.