Turning 90, Head of State and Still a Class Act

Wolfbane

The Heir Apparent is going to have big shoes to fill, He could start by giving a Royal Warrant to Klipsch.

Sigh.  OK, you made me look.   :rolleyes:

British Royal Warrants are currently granted by Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales to companies or tradespeople who supply goods and services. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Royal_Warrant_holders_of_the_British_Royal_Family

• Like 1

God save the Queen! I saw her in BC in 71, she was in the same hotel we were staying in, I will never forget it.

The Heir Apparent is going to have big shoes to fill, He could start by giving a Royal Warrant to Klipsch.

The current Crown Prince, with luck, will be out-lived by his mother, thereby skipping a generation.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sigh. OK, you made me look. :rolleyes:

British Royal Warrants are currently granted by Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales to companies or tradespeople who supply goods and services. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Royal_Warrant_holders_of_the_British_Royal_Family

You learn this stuff when you buy Land.Rovers, Barbour jackets and Turnbill and Asher shirts.

• Moderators

God save the Queen! I saw her in BC in 71, she was in the same hotel we were staying in, I will never forget it.

The current Crown Prince, with luck, will be out-lived by his mother, thereby skipping a generation.

Yeah,.but what are the odds of that happening? Probably less than a Jacobite being restored.

What is he 65 now? I think we are looking at, at least, 20 years of Charles III.

Yeah,.but what are the odds of that happening? Probably less than a Jacobite being restored.

What is he 65 now? I think we are looking at, at least, 20 years of Charles III.

Charles is 67. The woman of the House of Windsor tend to live very long lives (Queen Victoria (82 YOA), Charles Maternal Grandmother lived until age 101 for example). the men do not (eg. Charles Grandfather died at 57)

• Moderators

Charles is 67. The woman of the House of Windsor tend to live very long lives (Queen Victoria (82 YOA), Charles Maternal Grandmother lived until age 101 for example). the men do not (eg. Charles Grandfather died at 57)

I think HRH POW favors his father Phillip Mountbatten, (House of Glucksburg) more. He must be close to 90 too, and is looking pretty darn good. CIII could have a long reign. He is probably going to be in his 70s before starts.

I think HRH POW favors his father Phillip Mountbatten, (House of Glucksburg) more. He must be close to 90 too, and is looking pretty darn good. CIII could have a long reign. He is probably going to be in his 70s before starts.

Phillip is 94. Reportedly still skirt chasing. What he would do actually do with one if he caught her at his age who knows.

• Moderators

Phillip is 94. Reportedly still skirt chasing. What he would do actually do with one if he caught her at his age who knows.

He's 94? He looks pretty darn good for 94.

Ask the Irish how great the English are.  Of course, the current monarchial family is German.  (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)

As I tell my Scottish ancestory wife and business partner when they whine about the English: "You should have fought harder" and whom would the English be able to send in first on the next push on Berlin if not the Irish, Scottish or Welsh Guards? With the usual clever plan; they even get the Scots to make a god-awful racket with bagpipes to annoy the Bosch and draw their fire.  :)