Interesting Heresy stage/studio monitors

mustang guy

Looks like there is a little minor damage or ding in the left dust cap.  I doubt it would hurt the sound.

Those are cool looking. 

Are they worth double the going price for Heresy's?  ($800 vs $400)

Edited by wvu80

Looks like there is a little minor damage or ding in the left dust cap.  I doubt it would hurt the sound.

Those are cool looking. 

Are they worth double the going price for Heresy's?  ($800 vs $400)

The SM Heresy's are worth a bit more because or rarity. There is another pair for sale right now for $800 but in black and they are rough: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-KLIPSCH-HERESY-H-SM-SPEAKER-/131772724462?hash=item1eae4434ee:g:HeYAAOSw7NNUKigc. Fat chance he will sell them for that, but there are 3 peeps watching them. There are 39 watching these. I like them because of the woofers. That is rare. I have seen them before, but usually the woofers are black. Maybe it's because they are decorators.

• Like 1

I am tempted, just because I know both on the inspection label. I tend to keep those speakers with labels signed by people I know. Ricky Fawcett also signed my Klipschorns. One of my best friends signed my Belles. Way more than I think they are worth, but nostalgia has always trumped my my cheapness on buying. 

I bought a black fiberglass single several years ago that was used as a stage monitor. Gave it away to Dave Miller at Speakerworks since he also had a single that matched. Used that single as a center channel for a few years between my Belles before that.

• Like 2

I think it's white. Here is one behind a grille.... 417644-klipsch_heresy_hsm.jpg

I am tempted, just because I know both on the inspection label. I tend to keep those speakers with labels signed by people I know. Ricky Fawcett also signed my Klipschorns. One of my best friends signed my Belles. Way more than I think they are worth, but nostalgia has always trumped my my cheapness on buying. 

I bought a black fiberglass single several years ago that was used as a stage monitor. Gave it away to Dave Miller at Speakerworks since he also had a single that matched. Used that single as a center channel for a few years between my Belles before that.

If you have contact with either of these guys still, you might ask about the color.

Edited by mustang guy

I have a pair that I picked up last fall in NYC. Exact same setup, the woofers are suppose to be white. HDRBUILDER told me they were rare, so I don't think $800 is out of line. I was going to have them veneered in walnut and he told me to leave them alone. I wish mine were in that nice of a condition, but mine were $300 plus shipping to Chicago.

Mark

post-48599-0-57560000-1461684457_thumb.j

post-48599-0-65880000-1461684483_thumb.j

post-48599-0-65000000-1461684508_thumb.j

post-48599-0-94400000-1461684529_thumb.j

post-48599-0-42600000-1461684570_thumb.j

post-48599-0-68560000-1461684593_thumb.j

Edited by ZEUS121996

Klipsch did not use special K-22's for those and certainly not white ones.  They would not have had special woofers as that would have cost them additional monies.  Those are standard K-22's bleached from exposure to the sun as are the ones above.  They are a standard Heresy in a wedge shape enclosure albeit not as common as others.  If any Heresy should command additional monies it would be the HIP with the metal trim and glassed enclosure with the K-42 woofers.

• Like 1

Klipsch did not use special K-22's for those and certainly not white ones.  They would not have had special woofers as that would have cost them additional monies.  Those are standard K-22's bleached from exposure to the sun as are the ones above.  They are a standard Heresy in a wedge shape enclosure albeit not as common as others.  If any Heresy should command additional monies it would be the HIP with the metal trim and glassed enclosure with the K-42 woofers.

I'm just going off what Andy said, and since his initial is stamped on the back and he was building these at that time, I would have to believe he has some knowledge of what was being produced. Maybe he will chime in, in any event, I'm OK with having them.

Out of curiosity, how do you explain the bleached out woofers with the spots randomly scattered or the perfectly uniform white on the pair on Ebay?Did they rotate and follow the sun as grass does? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark

Mark