Is the RF-7ii going away?

Grizzog

I see the RF-7ii is on sale. It is also on low stock from Crutchfield and Amazon. Generally, Amazon will state that more are on the way - but not this time.

Will these be going away soon? If so, is there a replacement coming? Will there be any home-speakers made in the US besides the Heritage line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Reference Premier line represents the sweet spot for Klipsch in terms of sales volume and profitability.

IMO, they would only replace the RF-7ii's if they needed a "halo" product to generate interest in the Reference Premeir line.

I think Klipsch is using the Heritage line as their "halo" line to connect consumers with the Klipsch lineage.

I just don't see them developing another low volume Reference line speaker to compete with the Heritage line.

• Moderators

I could be wrong but I believe they will replace the RF-7ii. 

RF-7
RF-7 Classic
RF-83
RF-7ii

There is nothing in the RP Series that competes with it and Heritage is an entirely different speaker than Reference not to mention the size of them greatly reduces the amount of people able to have them in their setup. 

If they stop making a Flagship Reference Speaker, I believe it will be a huge downgrade and disappointment myself.

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I believe they will replace the RF-7ii. 

RF-7

RF-7 Classic

RF-83

RF-7ii

There is nothing in the RP Series that competes with it and Heritage is an entirely different speaker than Reference not to mention the size of them greatly reduces the amount of people able to have them in their setup. 

If they stop making a Flagship Reference Speaker, I believe it will be a huge downgrade and disappointment myself.

I agree, however the order you list the speakers is wrong, at least in terms of when they were released.

They were released:

1st -  RF-7

2nd - RF-83

3rd -  RF-7 Classic

4th -  RF-7ii

They didn't preview anything that would hint at a replacement at any shows (like CES) that I'm aware of. Seems there are valid reasons in this thread for both replacing and not replacing it. Honestly, it makes me a bit nervous if this is the last of the reference to be made in USA. I don't want to miss my chance at them if a replacement isn't on the way.

• Moderators

You are correct Rich. Thx for the correction.

Grizzog, There's probably no way to know either way whether not they will or will not continue to make the RF7ii. I wouldn't worry about missing it… If they do it now but they will discontinue it you'll have a little bit of time to purchase it through dealers or if you're too late, there's always the used market

Curiosity really has the best of me. I wonder how they compare to the RP-280. I love the heritage sound but the openness of the RP. I wonder if the RF-7ii would be a blend of the two. I know they won't compete with my 19s or with a la scala, but that's ok for the room they would go in.

I think they will probably make a successor to the RF-7 II down the line. IMO I'd love to see some sort of re-imagined RF-83 with maybe four woofers or maybe a three way design. Since it looks like the Palladiums are on their way out, it might not be implausible. 

Curiosity really has the best of me. I wonder how they compare to the RP-280.

The tweeter is less piercing and has a thicker and more comfortable tone on things like cymbals.  That's the most noticable thing.  Thought I had a pic of me comparing them in my theater room but I guess it was the 260.  

towers_zps0243909e.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters