Any Dodge Ram Owners ?

A1UC

Still slogging along in my 2003 Silverado Super Sport. No choice of drivetrain as all that year had AWD with 4:10 gearing front and rear. As I recall the only option available was OnStar or not; I got not as the truck was on the lot and the dealer didn't want to move product from another location with my corporate discount. Moving on with 12.3 MPG between 20 and 70 MPH faster than that it creates a vacuum in the tank. Rides like a car.

So I go to pickup my dad today with new truck , he says it's a little to high for him 80 yrs old .
So I say it's got air ride let me lower it but you'll need to shut the door ,so he looks at me jumps in and shuts the door

and then says okay  doors shut lower it . Wow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 3

It looks nice with the running boards. Makes getting in and out much easier too.

I think I am the only guy around that has the hood like you but on a Laramie. I forced the dealer's hand when I bought. I had them take a hood off the Sport model and put it on my Laramie since they were the same Tequila Sunrise color.

Really nice looking trucks but reliability, resale value and a marginal safety rating would be major concerns for me.  That said RAM trucks are the third best selling vehicles in the USA with Chevy Silverado and Ford F150 taking the other top spots.

Really like that adjustable air ride option.

Really nice looking trucks but reliability, resale value and a marginal safety rating would be major concerns for me. That said RAM trucks are the third best selling vehicles in the USA with Chevy Silverado and Ford F150 taking the other top spots.

I bought because I liked it , resale and safety wasn't a concern :)
  • Like 2

Really nice looking trucks but reliability, resale value and a marginal safety rating would be major concerns for me. That said RAM trucks are the third best selling vehicles in the USA with Chevy Silverado and Ford F150 taking the other top spots.

Plus the Silverado is boring and sh*t. The F150 has all kinds of problems with a major recall on the way. My neighbor is one of the F150 development engineers and he has his hands full. The EcoBoost V6 stalls out in damp/foggy weather and they have yet to determine why. He drives a new truck home every day and three times this year has needed a tow truck because his trucks won't start in the morning. Plus the fact that I used to be a QC tech on a stamping line, the new aluminum body panels look like crap. Take a look down the side of any of them....yucky pooey. I first went to Ram styling back in 94 when they came out with the "Mack" truck front end. Moved some appliances with one and was spinning the tires with a fridge and stove in the back. Crazy torque.

The Ram is the only truck to offer air ride suspension, Ram Box is an awesome option as well, wishing now I would have got that on mine.

Tim

Check out this video to see how strong the Ram frame is compared to the Ford. The new Ford trucks are aluminum so no idea how they are going to react...tear maybe?

Another cool vid.

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

Plus the Silverado is boring and sh*t. The F150 has all kinds of problems with a major recall on the way. My neighbor is one of the F150 development engineers and he has his hands full. The EcoBoost V6 stalls out in damp/foggy weather and they have yet to determine why. He drives a new truck home every day and three times this year has needed a tow truck because his trucks won't start in the morning. Plus the fact that I used to be a QC tech on a stamping line, the new aluminum body panels look like crap. Take a look down the side of any of them....yucky pooey. I first went to Ram styling back in 94 when they came out with the "Mack" truck front end. Moved some appliances with one and was spinning the tires with a fridge and stove in the back. Crazy torque.

The Ram is the only truck to offer air ride suspension, Ram Box is an awesome option as well, wishing now I would have got that on mine.

Tim

. And dodge is the only one to offer bumper to bumper life time warranty which I bought
  • Like 1

Tim

The vehicles not starting in the morning sounds like the problem Volkswagon Bugs had a long time ago. The problem was the plugs were gapped to .060" and knocking the gap down to about .045" solved the problem.

At least with my uncles bug it worked.

JJK